awedeophile, the main difference I see between what I want and what others typically seem to speak about is that, when I listen to the music I want to feel like dancing or tapping my toe. For me its not about how close it is to natural or if all the details are there. Don't get me wrong that I need tons of bass or listen to high volumes. Normal insane pure music that I can totally get immersed into completely. Somehow, after listening to the usual suspects for a year under the lakh category, I never once said wow for anything. On reading, the PRaT made me feel as though it was behind that I am for. Not sure. So, wanted to check out.
I spoke to Marbin and he said he currently he will get a Naim Nait5i this week , but the price was slightly above a lakh making it out of my budget. Also, there doesn't seem to be a place where i can audition it.
So, I am considering the following then:
1. Creek Evos or Creek Destiny
2. A nice deal on Roksan Kandy L3
So, can we categorise these as amplifiers with nice PRaT.
SET amps I thought were more for nice slow songs. Am I incorrect.
I am not really keen on sitting on one place and see the pin point imaging and also probably soundstaging. For me its about filling of music. Something like you hear in headphones.
folks, my trip to bangalore has left me more confused. Must surely thank Sridhar and Pankaj for their patience. I checked the Usher's and few other models. But, looks like the filmi music I hear doesn't go well with tweeters which give details. I am back to square one. In short this is what I want:
1. Roomsize 12 * 18 * 9
2. Music genre : Mostly filmi music like AR Rahman, Ilayaraja etc; But few other names I do have ranges from Floyd, Beatles, Coldplay, Norah Jones, Eminem, Moby, Joe Satriani etc;
3. Preference of listening is that with melody numbers I might just sit and enjoy at a place primarily the vocals. While I play a dance number or such numbers I might not be sitting at one place and instead expect to be dancing(only if nobody else there in the room ) or atleast in short they should be fun and exciting.
4. Volume level is medium at max, definetly not very high and low.
5. Nice bass is preferred, but I can live without it.
6. Budget for amp plus speakers a lakh max. I am open to second hand stuff.
7. Most of the recent indian music recordings seem to be harsh sounding if listened on a revealing system with good volume. So, I am ready to have a tweeter that doesn't put out much detail and instead probably focus on the vocals more. I am not too keen if all the details are shown. I do listen to music for couple of hours. So, no fatigue , nothing like on my face. In short with a sense of warmth and lots of slam when required.
So, is SET the way to go or what else would you suggest.
I see that you sold your Jolida a year back. If you don't mind can you tell me why. Also, can you ping me with your phone number.