Where to repair subwoofer in Delhi ?

ShakenSoul

Hello friends,

Am new here, joined the forums today and looking forward to a great time here, I am a noob audiophile ;)

Well the story is, I have the Logitech Z680 5.1 speakers 3 years old :eek: not exactly a home theatre system, but can kick some a55 even now :D, detailed specs for the speakers here

Logitech Z680 5.1 Channel Speaker System - HotHardware

The subwoofer makes a crackling sound when bass is played, not very loud but very irritating, crackling sound like, when you turn the volume knob in an old amplifier/radio/cassette player and carbon accumulates on the knob and it crackles.

I was thinking to get it repaired at a shop where they repair speakers and subwoofer, any audio/video shop where they deal with this kind of stuff ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Well, give up! That sub has lived its life. The cost of repair won't be worth it I believe.

But if you insist on getting it fixed, take it to any audio repair shop and tell them to change the volume knob.

Well, give up! That sub has lived its life. The cost of repair won't be worth it I believe.

But if you insist on getting it fixed, take it to any audio repair shop and tell them to change the volume knob.

I am not sure if you read my post correctly, because I did not mention that the volume knob is making the sound and the sub does not have any volume knob.

What I was trying to do, is describe the sound the sub is making. It makes a crackling sound like when you try to turn the volume knob in an old radio/amp and the knob is filled with carbon.

Hope I am able to explain myself. :rolleyes:

My apologies. Evidently, I read your post in a hurry.

It may be one odd component on the amp board, a transistor or any such component. But if there is no authorised service center for this then you are in a soup. take it to any electrician and see what he has to say. Who knows it may be something simple.

Logitech has a huge presence in india. I am sure they would be having authorized service centrers India wide. Just check their website.

Just made your work easy bro
Following is the name and address of authorized distributor/service of Logitech in Delhi
Check with them

Neoteric Infomatique Pvt Ltd
A-291, Okhla Industrial Area Phase -I,
New Delhi - 110 020
Tel.: 011-26433549 /50 /51/ 41601381 /82 /83

Always thought Neoteric is there in Mumbau only. :p

Last edited:
^^ Thanks.

I know about Neoteric, but when I first bought the speakers, the sub had conked off and they had to replace the entire set as it these speakers are not repaired, and it was under warranty.

I researched on the net and even worldwide these speakers are not repaired by logitech, they only replace.

I was wondering, there must be some shop which deal with hifi equipment and they should be able to repair the sub, it looks like a small problem maybe with the circuit board. I am reluctant to take it to any local electrician, they might screw up the sub even more.

In that case try to find some reliable person who repairs Audio systems, tv, etc
And tell him to repair in front of u. As Ranjeet said it has to be some transistor or IC, it should not take him more then an hour to find the faulty piece. And frankly for this reason only I hare such multi channel hardware which have an inbuilt amp. One thing does not work and the whole set is worthless

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back