Which 32" LCD or plasma?

nitrous

Guys,
I need to pick up a 32" LCD or plasma TV (which is better?).

My requirements are
1. Picture quality
2. Reliability (no glitches)
3. Build quality (longevity)

Budget is 30k to 40k

Nitrous,

Hi and welcome. I am personally tired of answering this same question time and again. Please check/read through this forum for everybody's views on this topic.

Hopefully for the final time... As your budget is up to 40K add a few more thousands and go for PV8 42" plasma TV. If you still want to go with LCD and 32" only then again Panasonic/Philips are the best.

ha ha! Chill,man!
Anyways, I already checked out the 42" panasonic discussion.
Let me see if I can do something about the remaining 10" ;)

Nitrous,

Hi and welcome. I am personally tired of answering this same question time and again. Please check/read through this forum for everybody's views on this topic.

Hopefully for the final time... As your budget is up to 40K add a few more thousands and go for PV8 42" plasma TV. If you still want to go with LCD and 32" only then again Panasonic/Philips are the best.

Hey moserw,

can u tell me where in hyderabad can i find panasonic PV8/PV80 at such cheaper prices?

i checked croma,jublee hills and he quoted 51990/55000 for pv8/pv80

Guys,

My requirements are
1. Picture quality

Budget is 30k to 40k

well what will u use it for,and whats ur viewing distace.

Hey moserw,

can u tell me where in hyderabad can i find panasonic PV8/PV80 at such cheaper prices?

i checked croma,jublee hills and he quoted 51990/55000 for pv8/pv80

Check with J. D. Electronics. Let them know you are from this forum.

ha ha! Chill,man!
Anyways, I already checked out the 42" panasonic discussion.
Let me see if I can do something about the remaining 10" ;)

30K is ok (since I paid 35K for a 32" LCD from Panasonic in December) but 40K is way too high for a 32" LCD or Plasma. Go with 42" by increasing budget or else go the CRT route for a year or two till prices come down further as OLED makes further inroads. Don't pay 40K for a 32" inch TV, just not worth it.

Nitrous,

I think we should have some sticky's for product pricing and only manufacturer links not retail ones. Too many similar questions on pricing, speakers, AVRs, TV size etc.

Nit at 40k budget, increase by 4 k and you will get Pana PV8. The best deal out there.

If you are bent on LCD, Panasonic and Philips are really good.

@mod.. please can you make the price thread sticky?

Also, have different price threads for different models, if that is feasible.. This way lesser number of posts and easier access.

Finally, please can you have some mechanism in place so that people check the existing threads and post a new thread only if required info not found.. i know this is tough... but looking at the rate the forum are growing, it will soon become unwieldy.

@nitrous-- sorry, this rant was not meant for you.You are very much welcome here, and please stay on here. you will be rewarded with exponential knowledge for your stay here. Best wishes.

@madbullram: I'm not bent on LCD. If plasma is better ,then plasma it is :)
I'm working on the space for a 42" ,right now. If it works out, then its the PV8 ,else we go back to square one.

being one of the few flagbearers for Samsung PLasmas, please do check out the Samsung 42" A410 plasma as well, it's comparable with the PV8 (does better with HD, worse with SD), so it's at least worth checking out.

@madbullram: I'm not bent on LCD. If plasma is better ,then plasma it is :)
I'm working on the space for a 42" ,right now. If it works out, then its the PV8 ,else we go back to square one.

Great. You can always hang her on the wall and she would hardly take any space :)

being one of the few flagbearers for Samsung PLasmas, please do check out the Samsung 42" A410 plasma as well, it's comparable with the PV8 (does better with HD, worse with SD), so it's at least worth checking out.

Always the Sammy ambassador :), better with HD is a relative statement. one week back, I played Dark Knight 720p in my friends Sammy 450 and both of us could not see any difference between Sammy and my PV8.

After buying a LCD ,do i need any other accessories? other than the wall mount?

The answer is both yes and no.

What do you mean by accessories? The wall mount comes with the TV. The only accessory u need are the cables.

If you have a good DVD player with HDMI output, then a HDMI cable is very important as it will give excellent picture quality compared to regular composite cables.

any need of stabilizers?

never used 1 on any of my electronic equipments for last 20 yrs..

Also i will be using the 32 inch LCD for mostly TV viewing purpose. And will be going to check out ugadi offers soon.

model in my mind right now is pana 32lx800 ... any other LCD i can have a look at?

LG is on a LCD releasing spree... taking out new series every now and then.. any good model in LG i can consider against the 32lx800?

Last edited:
An electronic stabilizer is recommended. It's always better to be safe than sorry. Will cost around 2K. Check out VGuard, Uni-Stab.

any need of stabilizers?

never used 1 on any of my electronic equipments for last 20 yrs..

Also i will be using the 32 inch LCD for mostly TV viewing purpose. And will be going to check out ugadi offers soon.

model in my mind right now is pana 32lx800 ... any other LCD i can have a look at?

LG is on a LCD releasing spree... taking out new series every now and then.. any good model in LG i can consider against the 32lx800?

After buying a LCD ,do i need any other accessories? other than the wall mount?

You would need the stabilizer, cables to connect equipment to the TV or through an AVR. Also, if you do not have a HT, worth looking into HTiB or AVR, stand for the TV if you aren't wall mounting,

You would need the stabilizer, cables to connect equipment to the TV or through an AVR. Also, if you do not have a HT, worth looking into HTiB or AVR, stand for the TV if you aren't wall mounting,

Go with wall mounting unless its absolutely not possible. Looks good, saves a lot of space too.

Guys,

My requirements are
1. Picture quality

Budget is 30k to 40k

32in Plasma + 20inLCD for 30k under exchange in NEXT Mumbai only.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back