Which 3D TV to buy? Sony 40EX720 or LG 42LW5700

^
But sadly it doesn't match SPVA black levels even with the so called "Local Dimming Magic*.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
9. At a price of 80-81k, its the cheaper thatn the other options.

VALUE FOR MONEY.

Also, i can assure you all of it cos i've personally taken a USB Drive and tested all TVs personally at a friends video store.
Now the only point which i find in LG which can be ignored by maximum of us is that it doesn't really look as great as Sony or Samsung.
But its 2011 guys. Its not the brand anymore, its the product.

LG official link for the full specs of the set

If there is anything more you guys can throw light on, please do that. Comments Invited. Thanks. :)

The nett price is only around 70-71K. Please don't buy it if any dealer is qouting you more than that. I got it for 74K which is a higher price. Didn't research much.

In your comparison with USB drives, which TV had the best Picture Quality?

In the exterior looks department, I liked the LG LW5700 better than the Sony and Samsung models referred above. Even better than the LW6500. Only models that looked slightly better were the Sony monolithic models.

The nett price is only around 70-71K. Please don't buy it if any dealer is qouting you more than that. I got it for 74K which is a higher price. Didn't research much.

In your comparison with USB drives, which TV had the best Picture Quality?

In the exterior looks department, I liked the LG LW5700 better than the Sony and Samsung models referred above. Even better than the LW6500. Only models that looked slightly better were the Sony monolithic models.

I checked out all electronic supermarkets and even official LG Shoppe. 84999 :(. Checked at almost all the places. The bad part is that the official website shows 94990 as the price. :/
I am really disappointed and confused.

Sony sucks on the USB dept. Maximum formats don't play even on its hi-end models. Samsung does great and LG does equal to its picture quality. :)

india is realy worst place to buy electronics

I got lowest in bangkok ,just multiply it by 1.5 to convert into indian rupees.

You may get bangkok trip in free as well as can save 20 k if you go for 47 and 55 size( bargening and vat refand not included)

?????? ??????????-????? ????? - ????????????

Last edited:
I am taking the discussion back Active vs passive 3D, or rather 3d vs 2d.

Yesterday, finally I managed to get a demo of both Active and passive 3d TVs in Croma.

I Saw the demo of Samsung d7000 and LG LW6500 series.

The first demo was of Samsung Active 3D. The picture was smooth and crisp but I noticed a huge flicker, specially in the right eye. In 15 seconds of watching the same my eyes felt strained. Watching a 2 hour movie would be literally impossible for me (and I have 6/6 eye sight, no power, no specs).

Next was LG. The experience was a lot better, but I must say, there was a slight strain in the eyes there too, but definitely much better than the Active 3d by Samsung.

About the 3D effect, none of them gave me an out of the world experience apart form a few objects appearing projected.

Given a choice I will prefer to watch the crisp 2D images of Samsung or may be Sony but if I have to go for a 3D tv for some reason, not known to me yet, I would prefer LG (passive 3D)

The technology has gone leaps and bounces in 3D technology and that too watching 3D at the comfort of home is truly a rewarding experience. It requires good content to support 3D as well. we discussed about HD content in India couple of years ago and now almost most channels are available in HD and its constantly increasing its numbers. So is the 3D technology. Its just matter of time there would be 3D content available in India too as in western world. Not the least HD set top boxes are 3D enabled to cater the growing demands.

I personally reviewed three brand 3D TV's Samsung D6600, LG 42LW5700 and Sony EX/NX720 separately at showrooms. 3D content was good in all these televisions. However there are few advantages and disadvantages over one another model.

2D to 3D conversion - LG the best. Others are very normal.

Great picture Quality All the same. Slight advantage to Sony

USB Movies playability LG and Samsung plays all formats. Very disappointed with Sony as their LCDs play more formats than LEDs (Very limited content-No MKVs)

Smart TV- LG the best , that too comes with a magic motion remote which acts like a mouse(trust me its fantastic!!!) And other TVs had some defunct/limited capabilities

3D Glasses LG again, It uses passive 3D technology and that does not require TV to glass synching like in Sony or Samsung. No charging required in LG, Others do.
Cheap 3D glasses in LG , Others will cost a fortune.

Looks Looks are subjective, I still liked Monolithic design from Sony.

Price LG is slightly less than its competitors. Samsung overly expensive.

After much of R&D for last few weekends, I booked LG Cinema 3D TV 42LW5700. I felt its worth the money spent!!!

Thanks,
VasanthK

hi vasanth

have u watched any fast action movies in this model how about the motion.
is it blurring during fast action camera scenes like car\bike chasing and fast action stunts.
please reply back as soon as possible

thanks in advance

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back