Which 55 TV? Sony or Panasonic

Arko

I plan to buy a 55 inch TV and as such have been researching a bit of the same. Previously I had a Samsung Plasma TV 5 Series of 50 inches. The picture quality was great and the 3D was excellent. However, the TV gave up in 18 months time and now I have to look for a replacement. Am not looking at Samsung for the time being.

I have narrowed down the search to:

Sony 55 W850/800C

Panasonic 55 AS 670D

Any feedback on either of the two models would be of great help.

Thanks.

Wow same pinch even my Samsung 51d500 ditch me in 18 month i m looking for tv with minimum 4 year warranty same 55 inch please let me know too

That's why I don't go for costly models. Also I make it sure to get at least 3 year warranty. I think you should check Vu models. They are good and cheap also.

If you want go only for Sony/Samsung then just check for extended warranty with them first before buying new TV

The issue with the samsung one was that the panel stopped working i.e the screen.

Vu Tv's are at really great prices but honestly I haven't seen a live demo model and strangely none of the dealers have any display unit. So I have narrowed down to sony and panasonic.

Sony W800c/850C

Panasonic AS670D

So both of you have faced Panel issues. You should consider filing consumer complaint. Expensive TV and they last just a year?
Bata slippers after heavy usage lasts longer!
Manufacturers giving 1 year warranty is justification that they are confident that their product works just for a year.

From what I am aware, Sony uses Samsung Panels.

you don't required to think twice if you are going for Sony/Panasonic. It's a matter of money. If you don't have any problem then go for it. Just check both the products and choose which you like.

Yes Ajay. You are right.

Since my first post here I have found a number of views on the Sony W800c/850c here and generally on the web. However, am yet to find a review on the Panasonic one. Youtube has reviews mostly of the Panasonic 650 series.

Plan to visit a dealer this weekend to check the TVs.

I would say drop Sony out, a friend of mine bought a Sony 48" Model from grey market, but started ahowing white lines both hotizontally and vertically. And that too within a year. Unfortunately he doesnt have any warranty.

Please, check Amc policies before buying 55",because if your model fails within 3or 4 years of buying your depreciation will be 55to 70%and you will have to forget your 70%of amount paid and for upgrading you have to pay another 70%as new model will be costly and you won't get soares for old tv after 3years. Be careful ask amc conditions, depreciation methods in writing

Thanks Shiva. That was really helpful. Recommend a TV. Am still trying to figure out. :sad:

Hi Friends,

I finally bought the Panasonic 50 inch TH50C300DX. This TV is vanilla TV without any smart features. I bought for Rs.49,000/- at Kolkata in the last week of March. Must say the picture quality for the price is good. I do not have a HD satellite connection. The pictures still look good. I mostly watch sports and have no complaints so far. The lag is really not visible. I can say that this TV is much better than the vanilla 50 inch TV which Micromax, Videocon and Philips sell.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back