Which Amp for B&W 802 Matrix ?

ChetanSouthMumbai

Hi,

I have the following:
Lexicon MC4 preamp
B&W 802 Matrix speakers (nearly a decade old but I am happy with them)
And need to replace my old ADCOM 5500 200WRMSx2 power amp with something better, as that amp is going to my Lonavala home, where its got an old ADCOM passive preamp etc to work with it. Although the ADCOM is good, I feel that the preamp and speakers deserve better. Maybe bi-amping?

I dont want an amp below 150WRMS per channel, the speakers need a lot of power and its a large listening room about 7000 cu. ft.

Budget, maybe 100,000-150,000 to match the speakers value.
-----

Thanks in advance for your suggestions !

If you are looking for a power amp for your Lexicon MC4 preamp then I would suggest you to hear the NuForce Reference 9 monoblocks which sound like sonic giants, with deeply extended and tightly controlled bass (with excellent pitch definition), opensounding mids, almost shockingly detailed highs, and explosive dynamics. All this comes with precise, three-dimensional soundstaging.

You can read Chris Martens review here and sixmoons.com review here.

A Plinius SA-102 pure class A is going for 1.5 Lacs in Bangalore...would you be interested ?

The price appears reasonable, but without an audition - cant really buy it. Component interactions are not predictable and it might just not sound euphonic in my room/system.

Wish it was in Mumbai, it would be easy to decide with a few hours of listening.

Hi,

Budget, maybe 100,000-150,000 to match the speakers value.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions !

I did not know that the B & W 802 was such a cheap speaker !!

Was under the impression that it was a 400 K + Loudspeaker. I do not have the exact price, but could surely look it up !!!

What is your front end ? CD Player i.e. Is that also Lexicon - RT 10 ?

Cables ? Accessories ?

Thanks.

Shanti

That will help me to suggest a product that will match the rest of your gear.

I did not know that the B & W 802 was such a cheap speaker !!

Was under the impression that it was a 400 K + Loudspeaker. I do not have the exact price, but could surely look it up !!!

What is your front end ? CD Player i.e. Is that also Lexicon - RT 10 ?

Cables ? Accessories ?

Thanks.

Shanti

That will help me to suggest a product that will match the rest of your gear.

Hi Shanti,

The B&W802s were cheaper in Rupee terms 6-7 years ago when I bought them. I agree they are much pricier now.

The main CD player is SONY 9000ES
OPPO DVD cum CD player
Interconnects front Harmonic Technologies Silver
Rear interconnects Van Den Hul 103 (carbon/copper)
Digital interconnect Kimber Illuminati

Speaker cables front Transparent Audio Music Wave Plus
Speaker cables rear Kimber PR4
Rear Speakers are the matching series 802 Matrix

Hey! If think you def give Asr a shot, it is def up there with the best. Though it starts from around 5lacs. I feel your spks deserve such an amp to extract it?s full potential. Pl check the link below, I?ve also attached a photo of a set up. Let me know if you need more info. All the best. Cheers.

http://www.asraudio.de/asr.html

Attachments

• Asr&802DSC_0001.jpg
    Asr&802DSC_0001.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 166
Pl check the review's of ASR emmiter as attached.All the best.Cheers.

Attachments

• ASR-IEUserCom-new.pdf
    93.3 KB · Views: 9
GamuT ?

Option to consider............

Showroom / demo room is up and running.

Hermit Audio sells it in Mumbai.
Google them & you could consider GamuT Audio's D 200 MK III if you like it.

which is the latest B&W floorstang speackers as I would like to sell my Dyna audio floor stang speakers and buy them

B&W has the Nautilus series (800 series) and the CM 8 and 9. All are available in Mumbai for audition. prices are about a lac 60 onwards for a pair.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back