Which Amplifier for Stereo Setup ?

ukjeyaraj

Hi All,

I am planning to setup a Stereo System. The room size will be 15x12.

I am looking for following items in the amp

1) Phono MM (To pair with my Kenwood Direct Drive TT)
2) Sub Out to connect Active Sub later(I like to have good bass in low volume too)

Price - Though I really dont know if I can get a good amp for around Rs.15K, currently that is my budget.

Identified Yamaha A-S500 and Marantz PM5004 by reading various threads in the forum. Got the quotes from sound out mumbai over phone for both the models. (Yamaha - 23000 and Marantz - 18000)

Currently I have a pair of Mission M30i, which will be used initially with the amplifier.

I would like to have advice on the different options available for the amplifier and the price wherever possible.

Where can I audition Yamaha and Marantz stereo setup in Mumbai. If better price is known to someone please share the same.

Buy a good active speaker set like krk rokit 5 or Audioengine 5 . Either would cost around 20K.I think you will be more happy than putting a cheap integrated and ordinary speakers.

Do you mean to say Yamaha A-S500 or Marantz, PM5004 is cheap and the active speakers can outdo them?

How can I use multiple source with active speakers? (Like Tuner/TT/Tape/CD/MediaPlayer)

The Shop is the worst place you can go to if you want a proper audition. It seems the owners are in no mood to do business

First of all there is no proper range of any amp or speaker. It looks more of used sale and then they expect you to stand and have an audition

I doubt Viola has any good stereo amp on demo. they are more into Ht stuff

@rikav

Even I did not have good experience with The Shop. Viola was good. I have to check with them about availability of stereo stuff.

Buy a good active speaker set like krk rokit 5 or Audioengine 5 . Either would cost around 20K.I think you will be //more happy than putting a cheap integrated and ordinary speakers.

Do not hurry - read the query..

How to attach phono mm directly to krk rokit 5 or Audioengine 5

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back