Which Asus Media Player - Compare,Buy?

jagdish_p

I have an Xtreamer (old model) and am planning to buy a second Media Player. The Xtreamer out puts MP3 audio files as PCM through HDMI or SPDIF.

My queries.

a) Can the MP3 audio files be bit streamed to DAC magic with out any processing by the media Player? If yes will Asus Players do It? Any other Player?

b) I have not been able to decide on which Asus Player to buy. Tried to do a comparison of some features given below

Model -----XVID----Dolby True HD-----Ethernet-----Youtube-----Price Rs

Mini Plus----No----------Yes----------- Yes--------Yes---------7500
Mini-------Yes----------No------------- No-------- No---------3600
HDP-R1----Yes----------No------------- Yes--------No---------4700
HD2-------Yes----------No------------- Yes--------No---------7370
Air---------Yes---------No-------------Yes---------No---------6100

Why are XVID and Dolby True HD capabilities not present in all the models if the chipset is same?
Why is You Tube not available in all the models with Ethernet/Wifi?

c) My Budget is Max Rs10,000 Please suggest if you think there is a better player in this range.

Thanks a lot

PS: I couldn't figure out how to insert a table in the message.:eek:

is your xtreamer playing youtube? Mine is not, but I was told that it will if I put an internal hard disk. Is that correct?

No the screen does not move and buffering does not take place after you select and press play.
In short even with internal HDD and the latest software youtube does not work in the old Xtreamer

guys 100 plus views and no response --is my query stupid or is there no direct answer?

Can some one tell me about the differences between the Asus players models besides wireless/Ethernet.

are all models same in terms of ability to play different media files.

thanks

Last edited:
Asus doesn't provide update. Xtreamer has a community which provide updates & fixes. You can also contribute to it. Please check out the new verison of xtreamer built over android..

Asus doesn't provide update. Xtreamer has a community which provide updates & fixes. You can also contribute to it. Please check out the new verison of xtreamer built over android..

Asus also provide updates & Fixes on regular internval

The question put Jagdish is very much valid. Even I don't understand why Mini Plus is so costly? In that case people will prefer HD2 instead of Mini Plus

Last edited:
My vote goes for O!Play Mini Plus. You can use the optical out to connect to DAC magic. For HD BR rips, you can connect to your AVR to get the Dolby TrueHD. Supports a lot of internet content service..YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion and more.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back