Which AV Reciever to go for in India?

rathishblossom

Hi All,

I am New to this group and i need your valuable suggestion in choosing the right AV receiver. I stay in India

I am planning to take a AV Receiver by Jan 1st 2014. But after detailed ground work i have ended up with 3 Recievers. Yamaha Rx-v475 , Denon X-1000 & Harman Kardon AVR 170.

All the Above receivers are 5.1 Channel. I have seen demo for Yamaha and Denon but not with Harman. My question is i heard these statements from couple of Retailers and just wants to know is it true?

Retailers Opinion

1. Yamaha is Best known for their Aventage Series and their mid range and RX series are not upto the mark and the power is very low.

2. Denon does not have extra options compared to yamaha because the power is more and the delivery of sound is perfect.

3. Harman Kardon is best for Crystal clear music and not good for movies

My Opinion

1. i was very strong in my decision to stick with yamaha but due to the above statement i am worried and little hesitate to go for Yamaha.

2. Denon - i have heard a bad reviews in the past from my friends that the performance and delivery is bad. But also came to know recent X series are awesome in performance and worth for money

3. Harman Kardon i am getting a heavy discounted price and features are similar to Yamaha and Denon.

I am planning to connect My receiver powered floor standing speakers.

Please help me to decide on best Receiver. i am literally confused. Thanks

Denon with audyssey is the way to go.Yamaha is good sounding AVR,but room correction is the area where audyssey is far better.

@spirovious thanks for the suggestion. But Just for audyssey its not wise to take Denon. I am looking for true experienced review. I need a good performance rather than more features. End of the day the output delivery should be perfect without any irritation.

@spirovious thanks for the suggestion. But Just for audyssey its not wise to take Denon. I am looking for true experienced review. I need a good performance rather than more features. End of the day the output delivery should be perfect without any irritation. Please tell me Yamaha 475 is better than Denon X1000 or wise Versa.

the harman kardon is def not good for music. imo its better for movies. its too bright for music and not musical at all. i think you should keep your options to yamaha, denon and include onkyo as well.

by the way, its best to come up with a full master plan of the set up you want to have. what speakers are you going to be using with the amp and whats your budget

@spirovious thanks for the suggestion. But Just for audyssey its not wise to take Denon. I am looking for true experienced review. I need a good performance rather than more features. End of the day the output delivery should be perfect without any irritation. Please tell me Yamaha 475 is better than Denon X1000 or wise Versa.
If you have a good dedicated room then Yamaha is good sounding AVR.
If you plan to use in living room,then Denon can give you good sound with Audyssey turned on.Its room correction that makes sound better.For surround effects,both are equal.

Along with what others have said here, pls consider the following points -
1. All these receivers are "good" with sufficient research gone into them. Just a matter of preference. Most people do not notice a difference esp in movies.
2. Most important factor IMHO is power. What are your speakers? The less sensitive a speaker is the more power it needs to play at a certain SPL. So you need to consider where you are going to use these (dedicated room or living room), what loudness and sensitivity of speakers. If it is dedicated room and you have a speaker of lower sensitivity then forget budget receivers with low wattage.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back