Which Avr to buy Pioneer VSX1131 or Denon X2200W

Saurabhgold

Folks, i want to buy a new HT and be out from my old Sony basic HT. For last two weeks I am checking on google and have earmarked Pioneer 1131 and X2200 W but I am not able to decide , confused hence request expert advice from this forum.
Please also suggest speakers for the AVR. My budget is 80-90k including AV and also ready to go for 2.1 and later add other speakers.
My requirement is music, movie 50% each.my room size is 18 f/10 f . I stay in Bangalore and if you can also suggest the dealers where I can visit and hear.
Also , it it OK to buy from grey market. I found on olx where some one is selling Denon @48k imported from Singapore and no warranty.

Folks, i want to buy a new HT and be out from my old Sony basic HT. For last two weeks I am checking on google and have earmarked Pioneer 1131 and X2200 W but I am not able to decide , confused hence request expert advice from this forum.
Please also suggest speakers for the AVR. My budget is 80-90k including AV and also ready to go for 2.1 and later add other speakers.
My requirement is music, movie 50% each.my room size is 18 f/10 f . I stay in Bangalore and if you can also suggest the dealers where I can visit and hear.
Also , it it OK to buy from grey market. I found on olx where some one is selling Denon @48k imported from Singapore and no warranty.

I would suggest visit, pro fc, htstore, modern world, etc and first select your speakers. Once you have your chosen your speakers, then pick the right amplifier to drive them. This is usually the right way.

Yes olx has a couple of dealers, the units are good, just that you don't get any warranty, if that's okay, they are good value for money.

MaSh

Thanks MaSh for your advice but can you suggest which AVR I should keep in my mind while checking the speakers- Denon or 1131 as both looks same to me?

Go for a 2.1 for now and allocate the budget accordingly. Buy the best front speakers
your budget allows, and add on the center /surround in the future, especially when you do intend to use the system for music listening. Do consider your source playback like Blueray
player, CD player also, unless you already have one.
Look at for sale by owner, some decent stuff on sale over there.

ProFX, MG road and HT Store, JP Nagar will have denon and pioneer.
x2200 was in the HT Store demo room when I have visited last time.

Thanks MaSh for your advice but can you suggest which AVR I should keep in my mind while checking the speakers- Denon or 1131 as both looks same to me?

Denon, Marantz, Pioneer, Onkyo are all good. Denon x1200 is getting quite popular.

List out the number of inputs, i.e., Airplay, HDMI, Coaxial, Optical, Analog, etc. and short list receivers having the necessary inputs. You dont want to be running short of Input options. Next check for basic features that you desire such as Passthrough, network connection by cable or wifi, Auto setup variant, speaker configuration options, etc.

Once you have this basic list in hand, hunt for the receiver that covers most of them.

Regarding power, I feel any receiver rated to deliver over 70w per channel at 8Ohms, 20-20k Hz freq range, 2 channels driven, can drive any speaker to moderate levels. I use a basic Marantz 1504 rated at 50w at 8ohms and have not faced any issues with any speaker pair(Polk tsi200, Elac B6, Polk Monitor 30) I have paired with it. Yes sensitivity of over 89db helps.

MaSh

Denon, Marantz, Pioneer, Onkyo are all good. Denon x1200 is getting quite popular.

List out the number of inputs, i.e., Airplay, HDMI, Coaxial, Optical, Analog, etc. and short list receivers having the necessary inputs. You dont want to be running short of Input options. Next check for basic features that you desire such as Passthrough, network connection by cable or wifi, Auto setup variant, speaker configuration options, etc.

Once you have this basic list in hand, hunt for the receiver that covers most of them.

Regarding power, I feel any receiver rated to deliver over 70w per channel at 8Ohms, 20-20k Hz freq range, 2 channels driven, can drive any speaker to moderate levels. I use a basic Marantz 1504 rated at 50w at 8ohms and have not faced any issues with any speaker pair(Polk tsi200, Elac B6, Polk Monitor 30) I have paired with it. Yes sensitivity of over 89db helps.

MaSh
Mash- thanks for your great specs and how to go about buying AVR.
I am planning for Bose Acoustimass 6 Series V home theater speakers and Onkyo AVR.
Not sure which model. Is this a good combo please?

Mash- thanks for your great specs and how to go about buying AVR.
I am planning for Bose Acoustimass 6 Series V home theater speakers and Onkyo AVR.
Not sure which model. Is this a good combo please?

Glad I could help. However, I don't have any personal experience neither with Onkyo nor Bose. So I would have to leave that to other FMs who have either used this combination or devices individually.

Bose allows you to carry your own receiver to any of their outlets to try out. If you have decided on the receiver you can carry it and audition the speakers. Even if you cannot, I don't think it would be too bad.

MaSh

Question is Which Avr to buy Pioneer VSX1131 or Denon X2200W ?

a) pioneer vsx 1131
b) denon x2200w

please, answer by choosing & TYPING suitable options only.

LIKE pioneer vsx 1131
denon x2200w

It will help him to take decision

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back