Which brands of floor standing speakers are available in the Delhi region?

ajay124

Currently hunting for suitable floor standing speakers to replace my Diamond 9.5
Biggish room 25/16 feet
Yamaha AVR RX V650 receiver.I use it in the pure mode with the avr gimmicks turned OFF.Wish I had brought a stereo amp as the primary objective was to listen to music
Rarely use the Diamond center speaker and sub woofer I had brought
Music preference- western classical/jazz/soul
Movie preference- films by Tarkovsky/Bergman/Antonioni etc.Don't need many sound effects.Absolutely DETEST ALL Hollywood/Bollywood films
Liked the audition of Jamo D590.But kind of expensive.What is the best price I can buy these for?Read somewhere that Jamo is offering up to 40 % discount on demo speakers.Is that true?Are they still available?
Jamo C407 audition was also kind of nice but is it worth replacing my Diamond 9.5 with these?Best price?
What other brands are available in the Delhi region.Willing to consider brands available in Bombay/Bangalore which can be delivered in Chandigarh.

Currently hunting for suitable floor standing speakers to replace my Diamond 9.5
Biggish room 25/16 feet
Yamaha AVR RX V650 receiver.I use it in the pure mode with the avr gimmicks turned OFF.Wish I had brought a stereo amp as the primary objective was to listen to music
Rarely use the Diamond center speaker and sub woofer I had brought
Music preference- western classical/jazz/soul
Movie preference- films by Tarkovsky/Bergman/Antonioni etc.Don't need many sound effects.Absolutely DETEST ALL Hollywood/Bollywood films
Liked the audition of Jamo D590.But kind of expensive.What is the best price I can buy these for?Read somewhere that Jamo is offering up to 40 % discount on demo speakers.Is that true?Are they still available?
Jamo C407 audition was also kind of nice but is it worth replacing my Diamond 9.5 with these?Best price?
What other brands are available in the Delhi region.Willing to consider brands available in Bombay/Bangalore which can be delivered in Chandigarh.

if ur budget permits get a monitor audio RS6, it is available for 15-20% clearence discounts, can be had for 55k which is amazing price for speaker of such good quality.
next would be dali lector but i would rate it at par with RS6, retails around 60k

Hi!Thank you for the information.After surfing around on various HIFI Forums I found recommendations for Dali Lector 8/Icon6,Monitor Audio Silver RS6 and RS8,Thiel CS 1.6,Quad 22L2,B&W 683.Quad is available from Designer Audio,Bombay and Monitor Audio and Thiel from The Audio People in Chennai.I would be grateful if you could provide more information about the price/quality/availability of any of these speakers.Would prefer to buy them in Delhi since I stay in Chandigarh.

Hi!Thank you for the information.After surfing around on various HIFI Forums I found recommendations for Dali Lector 8/Icon6,Monitor Audio Silver RS6 and RS8,Thiel CS 1.6,Quad 22L2,B&W 683.Quad is available from Designer Audio,Bombay and Monitor Audio and Thiel from The Audio People in Chennai.I would be grateful if you could provide more information about the price/quality/availability of any of these speakers.Would prefer to buy them in Delhi since I stay in Chandigarh.

i own a yamaha 863 which you can say is roughly similar to what you have..
frankly if you are replacing wharf 9.5 which retails at 30k, u should be thinking for closer to 1L for a pair of FS.
I have auditioned all of the FS mentioned above except Thiel, pairing then with my AVR. But as my budget for FS was max 70-80k i did not audition any FS above this range..
I purchased a RX6 as I found them best sounding pairing with my AVR..
Next best were Quad 22L2, Dali Ikon 6 and RS6
Next would be B&W 683(overpriced for the SQ)/Dali Lector 6/Jamo 405
As for RS8/Lector 8/Ikon 8 these add mainly a bass driver, which i feel wont do justice to the extra money, as u would invest in a sub anyways..
so rather than investing a dedicated base driver i would suggest u to look for even better quality in the other drivers..
Try Canton Karat FS, Dynaudio - there is a dealer in Delhi..
I would recommend u to drive from Chandigarh on a saturday with ur AVR and fix appointments with the dealers in delhi for demo..

Last edited:
Approximate prices I have been quoted are 77K FOR QUAD 22L2,57K FOR RS6,47K FOR JAMO C407.I have only been able to audition the Jamo and it is definitely a major improvement over the Wharf 8.4.(not Wharf 9.5 as I mistakenly mentioned earlier).But I would like to demo the other two which all the review seem to suggest are better than the Jamo.Is it worth paying the extra 20 K for Quad 22L2 over the MA RS 6?I am also thinking of replacing the Yamaha AVR with a Marantz PM8000/Nad C352 Stereo Amp.I am inclined towards a Nad C352/Quad 22L2 pairing but the budget seems to be slowly mounting.Planning to dispose of the speakers/center speaker and the Yamaha AVR but will retain the Wharf Sub.

Approximate prices I have been quoted are 77K FOR QUAD 22L2,57K FOR RS6,47K FOR JAMO C407.I have only been able to audition the Jamo and it is definitely a major improvement over the Wharf 8.4.(not Wharf 9.5 as I mistakenly mentioned earlier).But I would like to demo the other two which all the review seem to suggest are better than the Jamo.Is it worth paying the extra 20 K for Quad 22L2 over the MA RS 6?I am also thinking of replacing the Yamaha AVR with a Marantz PM8000/Nad C352 Stereo Amp.I am inclined towards a Nad C352/Quad 22L2 pairing but the budget seems to be slowly mounting.Planning to dispose of the speakers/center speaker and the Yamaha AVR but will retain the Wharf Sub.

well if budget is not an issue, i wd recommend to keep the existing set up, add the amp with the AVR, this way you can enjoy both music/movies to the fullest..

u might also want to look into the comparison between RX6 and 22L2 before making ur decison, RX6 would be a little cheaper..
i wd recommend u to finalize on the amp before shopping for speakers, this way it would be easier for u to carry it for a demo..

HI!The choice for front speakers has narrowed down or should I say broadened out to Quad 22L2, Monitor Audio RS 6,Dali Ikon 6,Dynaudio Audience 122, Dynaudio Audience 62.

Audience 122 --specs
Description Bass reflex
Power RMS 200 W
Sensitivity (2,83V/1 m) (2.83 V/1 m) 86 dB
Frequency range 41Hz-22kHz
Crossover frequency- crossover is impedance corrected
Crossover Frequencies: 2000 Hz
Crossover Slope: Woofers 6 dB/oct; Tweeter 12 dB/oct
Drivers Tweeter: 28 mm soft dome.
Magnetic fluid.
Pure aluminium wire voice coil.
Rear chamber.
Woofers: 2 x 15 cm polypropylene cone.
75 mm pure aluminium wire voice coil.
Nominal impedance (EN 600065) 6 ohms

Audience 62 --specs[/SIZE]
Description Bass reflex
Power RMS 150 W
Sensitivity (2,83V/1 m) (2.83 V/1 m) 86 dB
Frequency range 38 Hz - 25 kHz
Crossover frequency-crossover is impedance corrected
Crossover Frequencies: 2800 Hz
Crossover Slope: Woofer 6 dB/oct; Tweeter 12 dB/oct
Drivers Tweeter: 28 mm soft dome.
Magnetic fluid.
Pure aluminium wire voice coil.
Rear chamber.
Woofer: 17 cm polypropylene cone.
75 mm pure aluminium wire voice coil.
Nominal impedance (EN 600065) 4 Ohm

Product Specification:Yamaha RX-V 650 AVR
Additional Features Digital signal format auto detection / auto switching, on-screen display, A/B/A+B speaker switch, Midnight Mode, source direct, Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer (YPAO)
Display Dimmer Yes
Built-in Display Fluorescent
Treble Control Yes
Bass Control Yes
Amplifier Output Details 95 Watt - 8 Ohm - 20 - 20000 Hz - THD 0.06% - 7 channel(s) ( surround )
Total Harmonic Distortion 0.06%
Input Sensitivity 200 mV
Input Impedance 47 kOhm
Signal-To-Noise Ratio 100 dB
Response Bandwidth 10 - 100000 Hz
Surround System Class 7.1 channel
DSP Preset Qty 29
Digital Sound Processor (DSP) Yes
Surround Sound Effects Virtual CINEMA DSP, Quad-Field CINEMA DSP, SILENT CINEMA DSP
Audio D/A Converter 24bit / 192kHz
Built-in Decoders Dolby Pro Logic, Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Digital Surround EX, DTS Neo:6, DTS-ES Matrix 6.1, DTS-ES Discrete 6.1, DTS 96/24, Dolby Digital, DTS decoder, Dolby Pro Logic IIx
Timer Sleep
DSP Presets Disco, Jazz club, Game, Mono Movie, Rock Concert, Silent Cinema, Music, 7ch stereo, Sci-Fi, Adventure, Concert Hall, Spectacle, General, Enhanced, Variety/Sports

I WOULD APPRECIATE ADVISE ABOUT WHETHER MY YAMAHA RX-V 650 WOULD BE ABLE TO HANDLE EITHER OF THE DYNAUDIO'S. AND ALSO THE RELATIVE MERITS OF THE SPEAKERS MENTIONED ABOVE, PARED WITH WHARFEDALE SW 150 SUB.MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE FOR ME TO AUDITION ALL THE SPEAKERS WHICH IS WHY I HAVE BASE MY DECISION ON RESEARCH.

Last edited:
how much are audience 62 and 122 retailing for?

Ajay,
Are you going to sell or trade your existing 9.5s when you get your new speakers?
I feel instead of spending 60k on new speakers, you could look at a decent stereo int amp(about 35k) and try that with your 9.5s. If you are still not happy, trade the 9.5s for a good pair of bookshelves. Your sub would take care of the low freq.

Q Acoustics is very much available in Delhi-NCR Region...

The Armour Home Exclusive Showroom in Delhi is in Connaught Place, Barakhamba Road...

Apart from that, Trinity Sound n Vision, is there in Rajouri Garden...

In Gurgaon, Aprella Designs, Sec-53, Bestec Central Square Mall...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back