Which is best for viewing

bobgalee

Kindly advise which is best suitable as far as viewing is concerned

1. Projector
2. LED TV
3. LCD TV

Give the best recommendations for each of these one and pros and cons of each.

My budget - upto 1 lac.

nothing can beat a projector..the sheer screen size is pure win for Home theater usage.

I have been using the one at my folks place for TV as well (tata sky) as it seems the TV conked out recently.

The projector is phenomenal fun to use for TV viewing as well. Of course, with TV viewing, using a projector can become a very expensive proposition due to bulb life being left to chance. However, if you plan to use it for movies exclusively, then i would whole heartedly suggest a projector.

I get a 101 inch screen from a throw distance of 14 ft..you have to experience to appreciate it. Small screen with big sound is such disservice to the sound system you would have invested in a HT.

Last edited:
nothing can beat a projector..the sheer screen size is pure win for Home theater usage.

I have been using the one at my folks place for TV as well (tata sky) as it seems the TV conked out recently.

The projector is phenomenal fun to use for TV viewing as well. Of course, with TV viewing, using a projector can become a very expensive proposition due to bulb life being left to chance. However, if you plan to use it for movies exclusively, then i would whole heartedly suggest a projector.

I get a 101 inch screen from a throw distance of 14 ft..you have to experience to appreciate it. Small screen with big sound is such injustice to the sound system you would have invested in a HT.

+1 to that..
prj is best if u can invest upto 1L

okay -

but what about 3D viewing?

if your interest is more in 3d ( and i mean good quality 3d) rather than screen size.. then go for LCD 120hz 46" which would be around 90k..
If you can do with lesser quality 3d (anaglyph..) and want bigger screen go for prj for 70 - 100k

follow this thread for 3d
http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater-pc-htpc-media-pc/7918-3d-htpc-2.html

a 120hz capable prj wd be pana 4000, but not sure, check the specs.. shud be 130k, other that come to mind are sharp ZLV 3000
in 720p there are several 3d ready models such as HD66 from optoma and 2 others from viewsonic, which would be around 60-70k

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back