Which is the Best Android TV Box for a reasonable price?

petes

I am planning to buy android box, but there are many out there with different configurations. My budget is around 3.5K and would prefer to have LAN and Optical port. My Primary usage is for Jio TV and occasionally for Prime videos, Hotstar & Netflix

Any descent box in this price range?

Thanks!

As I said, I have used Bellink GT1 and I am satisfied. New models of Beelink are also available. Get something with AmLogic chipset and you will be good.

I had sourced my box from Gearbest.com. Right now Beelink GT1 Ultimate is available at Rs. 5251 & BeeLink GT King at Rs 7735 on GearBest.

Check pieces on aliexpress as well.

Last edited:
As I said, I have used Bellink GT1 and I am satisfied. New models of Beelink are also available. Get something with AmLogic chipset and you will be good.

I had sourced my box from Gearbest.com. Right now Beelink GT1 Ultimate is available at Rs. 5251 & BeeLink GT King at Rs 7735 on GearBest.

Check pieces on aliexpress as well.

Ok, Thanks for the Inputs!

Can I go ahead with this model which costs around Rs. 4,799/-. Looks like good config for this price.

Need your opinion please

Can I go ahead with this model which costs around Rs. 4,799/-. Looks like good config for this price.

Need your opinion please
I have gone through a couple of reviews on this and found out that this is not an officially certified Android box. Three things not there are no chromecast, no Netflix and YouTube in 4k and sometimes it lags while playing 4k 60 fps videos. Why don't you consider MI box S.

Is Mi box S the best in the market at the cost leaving out Nvidia Shield TV 4k? I am also looking for a media player which can playback any type of 4K video without any lagging or stuttering as all my media is in my NAS server. My Synology NAS server has the Plex app which provides the media capability but the issue is with its low CPU power to transcode the highbit rate 4k movie files. And I am unable to just use as a plain media storage device on the NAS as my C9 TV has the capability to playback all sorts of 4K content without any issues or lagging.
By the way I am looking only at the video part and not concerned if the player decodes all new audio formats unless if it cannot passthrough the audio. I am actually not looking for any specific streamer but a media player which can play 4K movies which are stored over my local LAN network storage.
@sam9s
Tagging in Sam for his feedback.

thanks

Last edited:
hi dear goto amazon.
I am using himedia q 10 pro since 1.5 years no issue.
himelody on sp road is dealer.1 year warranty
buy today u may get discount.
comes around 17.5k with discount

Is Mi box S the best in the market at the cost leaving out Nvidia Shield TV 4k? I am also looking for a media player which can playback any type of 4K video without any lagging or stuttering as all my media is in my NAS server. My Synology NAS server has the Plex app which provides the media capability but the issue is with its low CPU power to transcode the highbit rate 4k movie files. And I am unable to just use as a plain media storage device on the NAS as my C9 TV has the capability to playback all sorts of 4K content without any issues or lagging.
By the way I am looking only at the video part and not concerned if the player decodes all new audio formats unless if it cannot passthrough the audio. I am actually not looking for any specific streamer but a media player which can play 4K movies which are stored over my local LAN network storage.
@sam9s
Tagging in Sam for his feedback.

thanks
If it’s pure local streaming then all you need is a Amlogic S905X or S912X box running coreelec
Both processors support hardware decoding for MP4 and HEVC including HEVC 10 bit and will be able to handle pretty much anything you throw at it. For this specific use-case, they are as good as a shield or ATV or a full blown HTPC

The somewhat hard but cheap way to get them is to look for android boxes on amazon which run as cheap as 2-3K and subsequently flash coreelec on it

The easy way is to get an Odroid C1 and install corelec on a SD card

The only catch with the hard way is that some vendors are selling mediatek processor based android players as S905 boxes so you may want to double check with seller before buying

Thank you @superczar let me find out what is the best available box in the market with either the Amlogic S905X or S912X running coreelec. Do you have any recommendation?

Thank you @superczar let me find out what is the best available box in the market with either the Amlogic S905X or S912X running coreelec. Do you have any recommendation?
You won’t find any box running coreelec by default.
Practically every single one of these Chinese boxes come with some flavour of android
you will have to install /flash the OS yourself

Xiaomi Mi box 3 / S.. They would do it for you as far as your needs are FHD & optical out.. It doesn't have LAN port port..

I second this.

Btw its wifi reception has issues with 2.5/5GHz networks, so I brought USB LAN adapter, works pretty well now.

You won’t find any box running coreelec by default.
Practically every single one of these Chinese boxes come with some flavour of android
you will have to install /flash the OS yourself

I was looking at the Google and found that we can run LibreELEC on the Raspberry Pi. So I have downloaded the 9.0.2 version and will try to setup as I have earlier used OpenELEC for many years on my Pi2. Looking at the reviews and comparisons it seems that the latest coreELEC is better than the LibreELEC where the support has dwindled in recent times. But unfortunately I do not see coreELEC has a version for Pi but it only supports other devices like Odroid C2/N2 etc.,

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back