Which LCD/PLASMA to Buy

Hi Guys,

Can anyone of you give me a quick comparison between the Panny PV8 and PV80.

I knew 3 differences reading through the specs
1. Automatic Contrast ratio adjustment.
2. SD Card slot for jpeg images.
3. Additional HDMI input.

But the guy in the showroom said that pv80 uses the next version of processor than the pv8 and said it would result in better picture quality than the pv8 for HD videos. Is it right?

Have any of you guys have any thought over the same? Please let me know.

Regards
Ashwin

Hi Hifi,

I had been to reliance digital and said your case that you had got the pv8 for 45.5k a week or two weeks back with the offer you said but they refused saying that they have not sold any pv8 from past one month for that particular rate.

The guy gave me a last quote of 46.5k with no hdmi cable and all that stuff but just the offer from the panasonic.

could you please do one final favour for me. Can you speak to those guys and ask whether you can get one more piece for the same offer? If they do not agree on the same, can you sak what would be the last price for the pv8 as well as pv80 so that i could decide on the same or if you can give me the contact person of reliance digital with whom you interacted while buying the same?

Many a places the pv80 model is not at all there too. If nothing happens i will go to the panny showroom and buy the pv80 for 52k.

Regards
Ashwin

Ashwin,
Did you try contact Devi, as they offer good prices and many forum members have bought from there, i would recommend approaching him once and asking him to match the offer

okay so my dad today went today and bought he pv8 w/o telling me. I am not complaining though!

After reading a lot of user comments on x10 from avforums/avsforums x10 and pv80 are almost same, many people even could not distinguish between the two's PQ.

Damage : 41k.. is that the cheapest now :yahoo:

Got the 50 dvd pack ..strangely i have watched all 50 movies before :)

41k??? wow the ezone and jd electronics here in chennai are quoting 50k as of today. fabulous offer! enjoy! BTW which shop?

cheers,
sri

Hi Guys,

Atlast got my panny pv8 from a panny distributor in bangalore for 44k. Sorry i will not be able to reveal the name and so on. Thanx to all the guys who have been answering my queries and my special thanx to hifijunky, moserw, geotraks, madbullram and adder for helping me choose a great TV.

I am absolutely happy with the panny from its usage from the past 2 days. I am getting nice quality with the analog cable input itself. Anyways need to change it onto a digital input.

My question in here is can i go with the digital setup box given by the cable guy (like hathway) or shall i go for Setup boxes from TATA Sky or Airtel etc?

Does the quality of picture remain the same between a setup box from cable guy and the airtel or tatasky setup boxes?

What would be the best option if i am going for an external setup box TATA sky, AIRTEL, SUN, BIG TV and so on...

Regards
Ashwin

Hathway is good and also will work out cheaper. In terms of PQ there will be no difference between it and the others. Factors to consider are cost and the bouquet of channels available.

Hi Guys,

Atlast got my panny pv8 from a panny distributor in bangalore for 44k. Sorry i will not be able to reveal the name and so on. Thanx to all the guys who have been answering my queries and my special thanx to hifijunky, moserw, geotraks, madbullram and adder for helping me choose a great TV.

I am absolutely happy with the panny from its usage from the past 2 days. I am getting nice quality with the analog cable input itself. Anyways need to change it onto a digital input.

My question in here is can i go with the digital setup box given by the cable guy (like hathway) or shall i go for Setup boxes from TATA Sky or Airtel etc?

Does the quality of picture remain the same between a setup box from cable guy and the airtel or tatasky setup boxes?

What would be the best option if i am going for an external setup box TATA sky, AIRTEL, SUN, BIG TV and so on...

Regards
Ashwin

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back