Which LCD TV to buy Samsung LA40A550P1 or LA46A550P1

happy1978

Thanks for your support friends......:)

I was thinking to buy a LCD tv during diwali season but droped the idea because of these reasons..

1. During diwali season the quality of electronics item is not upto mark due to more stress on quantity (high demand) then quality. This is as per my past experience.
2. Generally there is price drops at the end of every year.

Now after the 4 % tax cut from govt. Samsung annoueced the price cut of 2.5 % on LCD tv and other items.

So now I am looking for LCD tv. Yesterday I checked sony,LG,Samsung shops and found these observations.
1. Sony is as always costly for there less features and my budget also.:eek:
2. LG has good features but there black levels and viewing angle is not good.
Finally I short listed the samsung series 5. I got a quote of 59000 for 40 inch and 78000 for 46 inch with zero percent finance option.
Now iam confused that for which one i will go.
I need your help.... for finalization.:confused:

Thanks for your support friends......:)

I was thinking to buy a LCD tv during diwali season but droped the idea because of these reasons..

1. During diwali season the quality of electronics item is not upto mark due to more stress on quantity (high demand) then quality. This is as per my past experience.
2. Generally there is price drops at the end of every year.

Now after the 4 % tax cut from govt. Samsung annoueced the price cut of 2.5 % on LCD tv and other items.

So now I am looking for LCD tv. Yesterday I checked sony,LG,Samsung shops and found these observations.
1. Sony is as always costly for there less features and my budget also.:eek:
2. LG has good features but there black levels and viewing angle is not good.
Finally I short listed the samsung series 5. I got a quote of 59000 for 40 inch and 78000 for 46 inch with zero percent finance option.
Now iam confused that for which one i will go.
I need your help.... for finalization.:confused:

Firstly, only you/your family will do the watching so its best decided by you/your family. I can from personal experience recommend Panasonic TH-42PV8, its a plasma TV, 42 inches, not Full HD and will be around 53K or so.

If its still LCD you want then the best I found was the X Series in Sony, but you are right they are terribly expensive/over priced. I found LG and Samsung did not match up to Sony in LCD, that's why the Panasonic PV8 is great VFM (even though its a plasma TV). Only in the plasma's the Samsung had 2 models, the 410 and 450 that were impressive, but a good 5K-8K or so more than the Panasonic PV8 hence again the PV8 works out as great VFM.

Firstly, only you/your family will do the watching so its best decided by you/your family. I can from personal experience recommend Panasonic TH-42PV8, its a plasma TV, 42 inches, not Full HD and will be around 53K or so.

If its still LCD you want then the best I found was the X Series in Sony, but you are right they are terribly expensive/over priced. I found LG and Samsung did not match up to Sony in LCD, that's why the Panasonic PV8 is great VFM (even though its a plasma TV). Only in the plasma's the Samsung had 2 models, the 410 and 450 that were impressive, but a good 5K-8K or so more than the Panasonic PV8 hence again the PV8 works out as great VFM.

Thanks for reply moserw,

You are right that PV8 is value for money but I am not interested in plasma tv. Also I need full hd tv bcoz i want to use it with my pc for playing games,watching movies.............etc:D

I like the quality of sony but they are very much overpriced, even according to me sony is just making indians fool by selling there stuff at abt double the price from US. The funny thing is when I asked the owner of dealer ship of sony that is there any reduction in price of lcd then he badly replied, "bhaisaab kya baat kar rahey ho, ab toh rate badheingey" :p. His behaviour is like so ignorent:mad:.

Even in lower varient samsung is supplying panels to sony, thats why I finalised on samsung. It gives best ratio for cost versus quality:D.

Now my question is that is it right to spend 17000 more for another 6 inch. or not.

Thanks for reply moserw,

You are right that PV8 is value for money but I am not interested in plasma tv. Also I need full hd tv bcoz i want to use it with my pc for playing games,watching movies.............etc:D

I like the quality of sony but they are very much overpriced, even according to me sony is just making indians fool by selling there stuff at abt double the price from US. The funny thing is when I asked the owner of dealer ship of sony that is there any reduction in price of lcd then he badly replied, "bhaisaab kya baat kar rahey ho, ab toh rate badheingey" :p. His behaviour is like so ignorent:mad:.

Even in lower varient samsung is supplying panels to sony, thats why I finalised on samsung. It gives best ratio for cost versus quality:D.

Now my question is that is it right to spend 17000 more for another 6 inch. or not.

Not really. A lot depends on viewing distance/area, total room size etc., and the best VFM I found was in the 37 inches to 42 inches segment.

What I really like in your case though is the interest free option which is what I am assuming by "zero percent finance option" that you have mentioned. So if you can afford it and the EMI is low/ok with you and it is interest free (as I am assuming) then yeah go for the 46 inches. The reason I am saying this is cause in Hyderabad at least there are no finance options on LCD/Plamsa TVs or even PCs/laptops etc. If you are getting a good deal finance wise then great go ahead and pick up the 46 inches.

Sony is always overpriced...Samsung great value for money.I have 550 in 32 inches...but for over 32...Panasonic plasma will beat any lcd handsdown.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back