Which LCD?

Hifiplayer

Hello friends,

With the help of all of you, i finally bought my first HiFi Stereo system. I'll be sharing my experience about that in my original thread very soon.

Now i am in the process of buying my LCD TV. I have finalized on a 32" size as the room size is very small - only 10*10". Hope this is the right size? Please suggest if you don't agree.

I have read various threads on this forum regarding 32" LCD LCDs. But it has only increased my confusion. Please forgive me if you find this thread repetitive.

Firstly, my requirement is for TATA Sky & regular DVD playback. I have CA DVD99 for DVD playback.Wouldn't be using a Blue-ray player. Not sure as to when FHD transmission will come on DTH service.

I would like everyone to help me with the following please:

1) Is FHD really required on a 32" LCD? Is there a major difference between FHD & HD ready on 32" size?

2)If FHD
I have selected the following:
Samsung 5 series (39k) (if you have any other choice then please suggest)

ELSE

I have selected the following for HD Ready:

a) Panasonic LE8 (30k)
- 10000:1 Contrast
- Panel made in Japan
- HDMI -2

b) Panasonic LX80 (31k)
- 10000:1 Contrast
- IPS Panel
- HDMI -2

C) Toshiba 32AV500E/Y/T (35.5k)
- 28000:1 Contrast
- Brightness - 450
- HDMI -2
- 10-bit Panel
- Response Time - 9ms

d) Hitachi L32S02A (36k)
- Panel Contrast Ratio - 1000:1
- Brightness - 500
- HDMI -2
- Response Time - 8ms

e) Samsung LA32A450C1 (35k)
- Contrast - 30000:1
- Brightness - 450
- HDMI - 3
- Response Time - 6ms

Which one do you guys think would be the best for me considering my requirements? Which would be the best VFM? Please feel free to give any other suggestion if you have.

Am planning to buy the TV next week. So your urgent response would be highly appreciated.

Thank you,
Regards

well for 32inch u should be fine with HD unless u sit close,going by ur room dimension i guess ur viewing distance should be around 8 feet or less.

now the panasonic and toshiba,hitachi use a lcd panel which as of today have poor contrast but toshiba has slightly better image processing.
the samsung series 4 has the contrast edge having a panel of SMVA.having a SMVA panel from my observations has a slighlty washed out colors compared to the other lcds mentioned above,but the sony tvs such as S,V series have a even more contrast,and according many reviews have more natural color,but one thing is u will mostly get a better panel which has a SPVA panel compared to samsung which except the series 6 32inch, all the other below models have a SMVA based CMO panel which is inferior to AMVA panel which tvs like sony 32inch T series and 37inch S series share,AMVA in turns looses to SPVA panel in terms of contrast.

dont fall for the advertized contrast for eg a tv like panasonic LE8 and LX800 which have a advertized contrast of 10000:1 in reality they have less then 1000:1.

@HiFiPlayer,

Make sure you check out the channels you regularly watch before making the decision. I look at NDTV Profit regularly and it looks bad on Panasonic LE8. It was good in LX800 because of IPS Panel and 100Hz feature. But LX800 is expensive. I found similar performance in one of Philips model. It was very good compared to all other 32 inch models. But it was 38k.

At the end, check out the model according to your requirements. Don't fall into VFM trap, as this is a long term investment :).

Hello friends,
With the help of all of you, i finally bought my first HiFi Stereo system. I'll be sharing my experience about that in my original thread very soon.

Now i am in the process of buying my LCD TV. I have finalized on a 32" size as the room size is very small - only 10*10". Hope this is the right size? Please suggest if you don't agree.

Firstly, my requirement is for TATA Sky & regular DVD playback. I have CA DVD99 for DVD playback.Wouldn't be using a Blue-ray player. Not sure as to when FHD transmission will come on DTH service.

My requirements are pretty much the same as mentioned above. I too am looking for a LCD. Not sure what budget you are looking at though.

For your room size mentioned, have you considered a 37" screen size?

HD Ready:
1) The SONY 32" V - Series is a good choice (Rs. 41K approx.). Saw this at Reliance Digital. Nice PQ.
2) The SONY 32" S - Series is nice too (Rs. 38K approx.). Glossy frame. The specs between the 32" SONY V & 32" SONY S series are identical. Only looks are different. It comes down to a personal choice. Visit a showroom and find out for yourself.

Full HD:
1) The SAMSUNG 5 series is a good choice too. Good PQ.

2) LG 32" JAZZ ( 32LG80FR) is also nice. I know someone who recently bought this LG LCD and is very happy with it. Check out the sound on the speakers for this.

3) If you want to upgrade and have the budget, the SONY 32" W Series is also a very good choice (Rs. 52K approx.). This is a Full HD LCD. Excellent reviews and mid-range SONY product.

About HD Ready versus Full HD:
There will be threads arguing that SD signal today looks better on HD Ready LCD as compared to Full HD LCD, Tata Sky does not give Full HD signal currently etc. etc. But again, it is up to the individual, if he / she wants to spend Rs. Y today and buy a FULL HD or spend Rs. (Y - "small delta") and go in for HD Ready in the 32" class LCDs.
There will be different opinions. My take is that if you like a Full HD that you are getting almost in the same price range as a HD Ready, why not go for a Full HD, since most LCDs down the months will be Full HD anyways. At that time one should not feel that he / she should have just gone for a Full HD irrespective.
Go to a showroom, look at the available choices and decide for yourself. That would be the best way to go.

hello everyone
pls need help
i had shortlisted 2 lcd Tvs for home use. LG Jazz 42 and Samsung 6 series (650) modal 40 inch. which of the two is better

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back