Which LED projector is good for Viewing movies at home?

arun.av

Hi,
I am looking for a new LED projector for watching movies/Cricket at home.
I searched in internet and got confused with the specifications.

Could anyone give me suggestions on the brand and the spec which will be useful to pick a good LED projector. I chose LED projector since life will be more hours than other sources.
I found a link in ebay with good features. But i am not sure on the brand
I didnt find any review too... Have anyone tried with below one? Please help me. I am in chennai planning to buy LED projector.

HOME THEATER LED PROJECTOR - TV TUNER+USB+SPEAKERS+CARD | eBay

Thanks,
Arun

thats(e gate) a bad choice.plesase go through a similar thread of a acer led projector.that has good reviews.plus dell also has some decently priced led projectors.

Arun, I stay in chennai and I have LG LED projector.. im happy with this for tv watching nd for movies.. Blu ray is good. if want the best from movies go for full-hd. otherwise LED projector is more than enough.

I have an Acer K11 LED projector. I'm using for the past 1 year and extremely satisfied. The only gripe is the resolution 854x600. Just not good enough for 720p for 1080p content. You could look at Acer K130 and K330.

Hi LED in my view is not recommended for Movies and TV watching due to lower lumens but still if you want to go with LED projector go for Viewsonic W500. Its 500 Lumens/ WXGA / 3D ready/1GB memory/SD card reader/Pendrive/ HDMI. Please note any LED projector requires complete darkness.

Arun, I stay in chennai and I have LG LED projector.. im happy with this for tv watching nd for movies.. Blu ray is good. if want the best from movies go for full-hd. otherwise LED projector is more than enough.

Could you tell me the model of the LG Projector.

Its LG HW300G. One of the 3 current models being advertised by LG. Like others said, more lumens could be better. like Optoma ML500 or viewsonic. I heard viewsonic is not doing well with service... who cares.

I am having a LED projector and it surely does not require complete darkness for viewing. In-fact i am using several in-direct lights if the need be, though i am beaming for only data purpose.

V.

Hi LED in my view is not recommended for Movies and TV watching due to lower lumens but still if you want to go with LED projector go for Viewsonic W500. Its 500 Lumens/ WXGA / 3D ready/1GB memory/SD card reader/Pendrive/ HDMI. Please note any LED projector requires complete darkness.

I highly recommend the ACER K130 projector:
300 lumens LED projects excellent picture of over 120" on white wall in a dark room.
Can display Netflix shows, You Tube & other shows and movies with a Roku HD XS.
Can show movies from an SD card or Flash drive.
Fits on a tripod.
Works great with Sennheiser wireless headphones -- it's just you and the movie.
Auto keystone adjustment.
Front, rear and horizontal flipped projection capability.
3D Ready -- finally got 3d glasses, waiting for blu-ray 3d movie to arrive.
A really, really nice projector. I'll watch it over my 65" Mitsubishi DLP TV any day.

any day acer k130 will be the front runner on price/performance basis
u cannot go wrong with it upto 120 inch screen for comfortable night watch and also OK for day viewing with thick curtains on windows...
have a look at the screen shots on my thread for this unit...

I highly recommend the ACER K130 projector:
300 lumens LED projects excellent picture of over 120" on white wall in a dark room.
Can display Netflix shows, You Tube & other shows and movies with a Roku HD XS.
Can show movies from an SD card or Flash drive.
Fits on a tripod.
Works great with Sennheiser wireless headphones -- it's just you and the movie.
Auto keystone adjustment.
Front, rear and horizontal flipped projection capability.
3D Ready -- finally got 3d glasses, waiting for blu-ray 3d movie to arrive.
A really, really nice projector. I'll watch it over my 65" Mitsubishi DLP TV any day.
what kind of glass u bought and how r u planning to go for 3d, pl explain
as per manual, it works only in PC mode and u need to have high end graphics card... is that true or ur getting even through HDMI...

Hi
This is my first post
Sorry if this question has been answered before

I am looking for a home use projector that will allow me to play movies through my external hard disk/USB pen drive.

i Dont want to connect my laptop thru an HDMI and have several wires...
Any recommendations ?

Projectors do play from pen drives, i think this answers your question partially, do not know about External HDD. IMHO projectors comes with 3 watts inbuilt speakers. You can use the head phone socket and connect it to powered speakers. You cannot avoid wires here, unless you find a wireless soultion:D

Hi
This is my first post
Sorry if this question has been answered before

I am looking for a home use projector that will allow me to play movies through my external hard disk/USB pen drive.

Any recommendations ?

Modern day projectors can do it very well as i am using the one LG PA72G from last 2 months it is capable of playing most of the latest video format that to from my 1TB harddisk, no lag in speed , also the inbuilt speaker is too loud ,HD content quality is exceptional and it comes with 3 year warranty

I have a LG LED projector which is doing a good job for all my video requirements.

go for LG.......

Any recommendations ?

@Farzad,

The inbuilt speakers within Projectors are quite pathetic.
So no fun in watching a movie this way if that was your plan.

I have LG PA70G bought from US. For last 2.5 years it is working seamlessly.
I have posted my experiences in the forum previously.

Yes, the LG portable projector mentioned by another FM is good. I have used it for about six months on a 106" screen and the result was good. Of course, for better sound one has to use the amplifier and not depend on the built-in speaker of the LG projector. However, I had issues of its permanent mounting on the ceiling as it does not offer advance features of zoom, etc. Once I saw the demo of Epson TW8200, I could not resist and bought the Epson TW 8200 projector.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back