Which mesh router is fine?

sand87ch

Hi,
i have been facing issues with my bsnl fiber bundled ont cum router where some devices get kicked out of wifi or there would be severe packet loss or latency increase.If i connect via ethernet then its fine.Added to this is th inavailibility of wifi range in the adjacent room.i was earlier using extender but that pulls down the speed from 60 to 10.
Hence i thought of buying mesh router.My options are
1.netgear orbi RK59(tri band)-20k
2.motorola MH-7022(tri band)-14k

i read reviews of both but i trust the wisdom of users here and hence what would you suggest

Regards,
Sandeep

I use orbi rbk50. Their software support is one of the worst, only behind TP link.
Asus has the best support and best stock and customer firmwares.

I would suggest that you look at Asus.

Many of their models have mesh capability.

For example :

Hi,
i have been facing issues with my bsnl fiber bundled ont cum router where some devices get kicked out of wifi or there would be severe packet loss or latency increase.If i connect via ethernet then its fine.Added to this is th inavailibility of wifi range in the adjacent room.i was earlier using extender but that pulls down the speed from 60 to 10.

i read reviews of both but i trust the wisdom of users here and hence what would you suggest

Regards,
Sandeep
Using Orbi more than 3 years now,
Quite happy with the performance.

Dump that BSNL router. Even a cheap TP Link router will improve range and connectivity issues that you are facing.
Can you relocate the position of the router to a more central location in the house? This will address if not eliminate some range issues for the other rooms.
Mesh routers are fine except that they are expensive.
Alternatively run a cat6 cable outside the house to a second low priced router for the room where you have range issues.
Another mesh option is Eero

For example :
This would be my recommendation. A great combo

I've had good luck with the Linksys system. Use the mr8300 as the main router and a couple of velop nodes around the house. Data transfer speed from the main to the node meets the gigabit spec (tested with wired devices at both ends)

I am using Asus AX11000 as my hub connected to two routers provided by ISPs through a CISCO load balancing router. Also have two AX6600 mesh nodes with wired backbone and another wired TP-Link router as non-mesh node to cover a small portion of the house not covered by Mesh network. I faced frequent problems with WiFi dropouts before. Not anymore.

But I must say that load balancing in Asus AX11000 sucks. I bought the router primarily for it's ability to load balance but it wasn't stable at all. I had to buy a Cisco RV340 purely for the load balancing job. Cisco works flawless. Also I didn't have to restart my network gear even once in the past 6 months.

Most Asus routers come with built in protection provided by Trend Micro. It is quite good and provides finer control if one plans to use it to control and monitor internet traffic. Asus range may not be the best with best possible range but I am quite happy with their performance except for the problems with load balancing.

Last edited:

For example :
+1

Hi,

Regards,
Sandeep

If you generally prefer to do deep-dive research prior to investing in network infrastructure, Jim Salter at Ars Technica and https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/ is a brilliant resource.

Have tried both Netgear orbi and TP link Deco Wifi 6 Mesh routers..Orbi I tried RBK50 and RBK753..both had frequent disconnections..but the speed was very good. TP Link maintained the connections very well..after 2 days the speed became very slow..had to reboot two days once to get the speed back again. Finally returned both..and looking at ASUS AiMesh routers..also waiting for TPLink Deco X68 launch..

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back