Which one between the basic 55 inch from the Big 3?

rdst_1

So, last year, my 51 inch Samsung Plasma conked off after 7 years of service. Since then I have been postponing purchasing a TV because I don't have the budget for an OLED, whichh would have been the right upgrade from the Plasma.
But I do have to purchase a TV now. At first I thought I'll just buy one of the cheaper budget options from the bunch of VU/TCL/Hisense. But since I live in a small town in Himachal, getting service if anything goes wrong will be near impossible from these brands. Also, the prices for these have increased a lot making the jump from them to the Big 3 much easier.

Most of the time the TV will be used with DTH and the most important thing for me is watching sports, mainly Football, Tennis and F1.
Frankly speaking there were only 2 options -
Samsung AUE60 and the newly launched LG UP7500. But I see that the Sony X7500H (2020) is available for around 14k more, so I maybe able to increase my budget for it. So which one of these will you guys recommend for watching sports. I don't care about any of the smart features at all and I would have loved if simple TVs were available today because that would be 1 less thing to worry about going wrong.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back