Which software is best DBPOWER AMP OR EAC FOR RIPPING

I am not sure if i get the point of this thread at all... If one were to truly wonder if their ”copy” of the original recording is true to form then the only way to answer that question would be to buy every CD of the recording on the market and select the best one out of them
Exactly! That is why I said this:
If I didn't hear the "original" and heard a "copy" that is claimed as the "original" then for me, in my ignorance, the "copy" is the "original". I will and should be happy in that ignorance.

Hi Guys,

I am stepping in late into this thread, which seems to have been derailed, and Left Un-answered, by even a single member!

The Thread was by ApSai who queried 11 months ago:

"Which software is best for rippings cds

for wav and aiff

and reason why is good"

anirban420 seems to have tried to steer the conversation back when he stated yesterday:

“Has anyone compared the sonic property of WAV RIP done in EAC compared to dbp?”

That too got derailed ... :oops:

I am posting my views on the original query by ApSai

1. I prefer Windows, so I have never ripped to aiff.

I Rip to Wav in Windows, using BOTH Exact Audio Copy (EAC which is a Windows ONLY program) & dB PowerAmp.

2. EAC vs dBP

I find EAC Rips sounding 'Soother' and more 'Organic', with excellent 'Flow'. Despite being smoother sounding, there is no lack of detail. Relative to dBP, it sounds less 'digital'.

I love EAC's presentation for Jazz Vocals, etc

dBP on the other hand is more 'Authoritative' sounding. Has Greater 'Slam' & ‘Impact’. More ‘Incisive’. Probably a touch more 'Bite' at the cost of leaning slightly towards harsh.

I love dBP's presentation for Rock and Electronic / Synth music.

I tend to use both, EAC & dBP. Infact some of my most loved music I rip via BOTH Software and keep in my library!

Would be nice to get get thi
s conversation back on track ;) }

Hi Guys,

I am stepping in late into this thread, which seems to have been derailed, and Left Un-answered, by even a single member!

for wav and aiff

and reason why is good"

anirban420 seems to have tried to steer the conversation back when he stated yesterday:

“Has anyone compared the sonic property of WAV RIP done in EAC compared to dbp?”

I Rip to Wav in Windows, using BOTH Exact Audio Copy (EAC which is a Windows ONLY program) & dB PowerAmp.

2. EAC vs dBP

I find EAC Rips sounding 'Soother' and more 'Organic', with excellent 'Flow'. Despite being smoother sounding, there is no lack of detail. Relative to dBP, it sounds less 'digital'.

dBP on the other hand is more 'Authoritative' sounding. Has Greater 'Slam' & ‘Impact’. More ‘Incisive’. Probably a touch more 'Bite' at the cost of leaning slightly towards harsh.

I tend to use both, EAC & dBP. Infact some of my most loved music I rip via BOTH Software and keep in my library!

To be clear... you're ripping CDs on a WinPC using EAC/dBP and comparing playback of the respective .wav (not flac) files via your audio output setup - all else being equal. Correct?

Hi Guys,

for wav and aiff

and reason why is good"

2. EAC vs dBP

A nice and detailed explanation of sonic quality. I have planned a blindfold test on the effect of SQ between different ripping software. Hope you will participate in that test and will give valuable feedback.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back