Which stereo amplifier to buy

mks1970

I am current using warfadale 10.6 tower speaker with Dali sub 12 with Marantz SR 5008. However I am not very happy with the performance and looking to replace amplifier. I use it 80% for music and hence wants to have better amplifier. I am also open to preamp+power amp or integrated amplifier with sub out. My budget is 1 lakh approx and flexible. I normally like listening to Bollywood, English pop, Gazals. Please suggest some good option. How is Yamaha network receiver / Emotiva / Cambridge. Thanks

You can add Peach Tree amp in your list. It's a very good one. It's there on sale section, I've missed this one on the edge.

Thanks

Would you be Interested in PM 8006 Marantz. I have a 6 months Old Marantz with Bill, Box and Accessories. It will go with Whaferdale. Benefits -

1. It can be used as a Power AMP with your AVR.
2. You can add a Power Amp separately also.
3. It has a Phone Input also.

If you whats app me at 8660847680 then I can share a demo video also for your reference.

Would you be Interested in PM 8006 Marantz. I have a 6 months Old Marantz with Bill, Box and Accessories. It will go with Whaferdale. Benefits -

1. It can be used as a Power AMP with your AVR.
2. You can add a Power Amp separately also.
3. It has a Phone Input also.

If you whats app me at 8660847680 then I can share a demo video also for your reference.
Whether Sub woofer can be connected to this Marantz amplifier

If you find the sound to have loose bass, it could be due to the lack of power . I would suggest some vintage amps with high wattage to get that oomph in that case than the new small good looking units

I am current using warfadale 10.6 tower speaker with Dali sub 12 with Marantz SR 5008. However I am not very happy with the performance and looking to replace amplifier. I use it 80% for music and hence wants to have better amplifier. I am also open to preamp+power amp or integrated amplifier with sub out. My budget is 1 lakh approx and flexible. I normally like listening to Bollywood, English pop, Gazals. Please suggest some good option. How is Yamaha network receiver / Emotiva / Cambridge. Thanks
You can consider Yamaha wxc 50 which has sub out and a stereo power amplifier in that budget.. Like crown or QSC.
Don't you think it will give superb bang for the buck ??

The marantz being offered by the fm is a very good option if the price is right

For new stuff
Naim is an option To consider
Dunno if it has a sub out though

However I assume you use the sub only for movies in which case you can just use it with your existing avr I supppose

Another really good option is Siva's accoustic potrait amp

Hi
Mks

Though the higher end Cambridge audio amps are really well built

I do not have much idea of their mid level offerings

So I can't help you there
Sorry

About a kolkatta source
If you really intrested I can make a few calls and find out and point you where to go
If you are still intrested

I did buy Yamaha R-N803 Network Receiver from an authorised Yamaha dealer in Kolkata on 29th May 2020. But I couldn’t find any performance improvement as compared to my earlier Marantz SR5008. So I have decided to sell my 15 days old Yamaha R-N803 at 45k. It’s with all proper bill, warranty, original box and all accessories. Pl let me know if anyone is interested
Please use the Edit link to club your posts.

Please use the Sale section to post your items.

MaSh

If you find the sound to have loose bass, it could be due to the lack of power . I would suggest some vintage amps with high wattage to get that oomph in that case than the new small good looking units
It is interesting to note how lifestyle preferences influence modern audio design (as you said small, good looking units). I grew up on few vintage amps, and their bass and presence are something I am unable to find these days. Or it’s just nostalgia, or I have to widen the budget for more powerful amps.

Please use the Edit link to club your posts.

Please use the Sale section to post your items.

MaSh
It’s not allowing to put ad in sale section. Can you pl help. Though I am a member for long time now but my posts are less. I am a genuine seller as you can make out from my previous posts. Thanks

It’s not allowing to put ad in sale section. Can you pl help. Though I am a member for long time now but my posts are less. I am a genuine seller as you can make out from my previous posts. Thanks
Ahh yes there are certain rules in place to restrict new members from selling stuff.

MaSh

Back