Which subwoofer for Rega Brio R

Rosenarayanappa

Dear Friends,
Thinking of adding a decent sub along with my concept 20 speakers. Amp is Rega Brio R.
I don't think if it has a subwoofer out.
Can i connect a subwoofer, if so what is a decent brand sub that I can use please?
thanks,
RN

IMHO, the concept 20 are beautiful sounding speakers. I'm a purist and I don't like a sub in a 2 channel set-up.

However, there is a way to connect a sub to a stereo amp. I'll let other FM's guide u on that. Good luck.

Dear Friends,
Thinking of adding a decent sub along with my concept 20 speakers. Amp is Rega Brio R.
I don't think if it has a subwoofer out.
Can i connect a subwoofer, if so what is a decent brand sub that I can use please?
thanks,
RN
I have a REL sub that has speaker level input and I use it in this config for my music chain.
Low level input is used for HT chain. Not very difficult to get the integration right.
Needs a bit of trial and patience.

Many other subs have speaker level input or high level input.
Other FMs may chime in on their experience.

Cheers,
Raghu

I have used my sub with my topping amp. Speaker level inputs. Crossover at 10 db above the low frequency spec of the speaker, EQ at flat, volume such that you cannot hear the sub but will miss it if it is turned off. Worked pretty well for me.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back