Which TV from Sony, LG, Samsung (<70K)?

ShaQ.Blogs

My friend is looking for a TV and I'm trying to help him out.
What choices do we have for the below requirements.

Here are his priorities,
1. Budget less than 70K.
2. 1080p TV from LG, Sony, or Samsung ONLY.
3. Screen size - 48" to 50".
4. Prefer 120Hz refresh rate.

He is not interested in 4K, or 3D, or curved.
He intents to connect a pair of stereo speakers, so audio is not a priority.

I have had SONY 40 (240 Hz refresh rate) and 42 inch tv (120hz refresh) for almost 5 yrs and 3 yrs respectively. Excellent products.
240 Hz refresh is very suitable for fast action scenes, fast action sports.

Look for the Sony 48w700c , it is around 74k ... I think it is a 120 Hz panel , not sure though. Also, if the viewing angles are very important to him then its better that he goes for LG , they mostly have IPS panels which are very good for broader viewing angles.

Last edited:
Re: Which TV from Sony, LG, Samsung (&lt;70K)?

Why don't he consider a plasma, refresh rates are inherently better than best of leds, motion blur is better controlled. Which ever tv he takes advise him to take extended warranty without fail.

Look for the Sony 48w700c , it is around 74k ... I think it is a 120 Hz panel , not sure though. Also, if the viewing angles are very important to him then its better that he goes for LG , they mostly have IPS panels which are very good for broader viewing angles.
The sony looks good, a bit expensive though. Yes it looks like 60 Hz - mentions Motionflow XR 200 Hz.
How good are the LG panels? Any specific model that you would recommend?

Why don't he consider a plasma, refresh rates are inherently better than best of leds, motion blur is better controlled. Which ever tv he takes advise him to take extended warranty without fail.
Plasma is a power hog. I have a plasma TV and am considering replacing it simply because it consumes too much power.
Is there any decent 100Hz - 200Hz refresh rate models that are worth considering which is 50" and less than 70K, which is NOT plasma?

The sony looks good, a bit expensive though. Yes it looks like 60 Hz - mentions Motionflow XR 200 Hz.
How good are the LG panels? Any specific model that you would recommend?

hmmm you're right , it is a 60Hz panel. As per his price, Screen size and Brand requirements , it seems like it might be difficult to get a 120Hz panel. You must look at the True Refresh rate and not the manufacturer's own technology based refresh rate.

The cheapest 48 Inch 120Hz Panel i found is from Samsung , the Samsung J6300 , but its a curved screen.

Btw...i think it should be 50hz not 60. We live in 50Hz region.

I think you are mistaking the Refresh Rate Hz with Electric Current Hz. Tv refresh rates are either 60 , 120 or 240, these are true refresh rates. Just do a google search to find out what the Actual Refresh rate is of a Panel. Dont go by the Manufacturer's own Terminology.

Hi
If you had asked me that question 18 months to 2 years ago I would have said samsung because it is or should I say was top notch equipment , very reliable plus good engineering far as build.
I used to be a main dealer here in the southwest uk and sold hundreds of there TVs etc over a period of around 15 years.
All there problems started when they started manufacturing smart TVs.
The faults are almost always software issues , which they still have not sorted out. So in the trade we say Not so smart Samsung.
The problem is not just here in th UK its a globel issue.
LG which is made in the same country as samsung , have had there problems but very few considering the amount that are sold.

Regards
Dave

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back