Which type of dac should we select?

sunder

Up sampling, Over sampling, Non-over sampling, and Filterless-op ampless.

These are the types are DACs. Which one is unique? Which one is for

audiophiles and deserved listeners?. And which one is REALLY best sounding?

Friends, please share your opnions and experiences.

Regards,.

I for one want to know a simple thing: If one already has a decent CDP the does one need a DAC?

Similarly, does one need a Phono pre-amp if one already has a phono stage built into the present pre-amp?

I am quite happy with the sound witout an additional DAC and Phono stage...

I for one want to know a simple thing: If one already has a decent CDP the does one need a DAC?

Similarly, does one need a Phono pre-amp if one already has a phono stage built into the present pre-amp?

hi malvai,

yes even if it's a cd player as transport and not a dedicated transport, you can make out the difference when using a good dac.

as far as phonoamps go, an external one has far greater capabilities due to its dedicated build, dedicated circuit and also greater possibilities. if you have 20k, call viren and order his tube phonostage. he does allow trials at the end of which you can return the product if not satisfied. i guarantee you that you wont look at phono preamps the same way again. especially with your garrard and a good cart you wont look back ever again. rather you'll look back and wonder how you made do without a good phono amp.

regards

If you want to seriously do it , then there will be many who will help you in this forum... and you need to DIY ...

Well I can do modding myself( soldering etc),but how to start?
Yes many help in forum,but I wld like to know basics before I start,like how to choose opsamp etc.

So any link?

Up sampling, Over sampling, Non-over sampling, and Filterless-op ampless.

These are the types are DACs. Which one is unique? Which one is for

audiophiles and deserved listeners?. And which one is REALLY best sounding?

Friends, please share your opnions and experiences.

Regards,.

Without knowing your musical tastes, other equipment and budget its impossible to say which DACs you should be looking into.

If your CDP has digital inputs then you wont need a DAC BUt these are expensive buys such as the Cambridge Audio 740C and Music Hall players.

Ha then why do you even think about changing your system. Continue to enjoy the music.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back