Which Usb DAC for Laptop+TV

SPL

Hello!
I searched for relevent threads but couldent find exact suggetion.

In my home office i use a Dell Laptop(1564), Samsung D5000 Both connected to Edifier C2Plus and Sennheiser HD203.

My laptop lacks a good audio card and i can always hear a "hiss" when music is played through this medium. I recently borrowed my friends Dac and i was just amazed!:D. There was no hissing whatsoever, speakers just opend up suddenly i could here every detail. even with headphones there was a lot of difference.

Now the queston, I am looking for a USB DAC which can be connected to my laptop, optical out of my tv, and my headphones. my budget for this is 5k. As i am no audiophile i dont think i will be able to differentiate between the quality of more expensive ones.
I may buy audioengine A2 in near future but as of now i just want a dac.

I am located in Delhi.

Hello!
I searched for relevent threads but couldent find exact suggetion.

In my home office i use a Dell Laptop(1564), Samsung D5000 Both connected to Edifier C2Plus and Sennheiser HD203.

My laptop lacks a good audio card and i can always hear a "hiss" when music is played through this medium. I recently borrowed my friends Dac and i was just amazed!:D. There was no hissing whatsoever, speakers just opend up suddenly i could here every detail. even with headphones there was a lot of difference.

Now the queston, I am looking for a USB DAC which can be connected to my laptop, optical out of my tv, and my headphones. my budget for this is 5k. As i am no audiophile i dont think i will be able to differentiate between the quality of more expensive ones.
I may buy audioengine A2 in near future but as of now i just want a dac.

I am located in Delhi.

for 5k or little more.. there are multiple threads running under DAC section. you probably missed them and hence no replies here.

to start with you can look for

Schiit Modi : 99$ : not sure of shipping.
NwAvGuy Odac ( JDS LABS ): 110$ shipped
HiFimeDIY U2 : 60 $ shipped
uDac
AudioQuest Dragonfly.
behringer

Fiio : multilple products : check pristine note , else mp4nation.net
there are many more DAC. not able to recollect.

another DAC is sale on forum. please check if you can strike a deal though it will be above 5k in any case but you can check as it has multiple inputs.

Experts, please share your thoughts on FIIO E10 if you have heard it.

I am thinking of buying it, as it is available locally in India and seems good as per the reviews.

TIA,

for 5k or little more.. there are multiple threads running under DAC section. you probably missed them and hence no replies here.

to start with you can look for

Schiit Modi : 99$ : not sure of shipping.
NwAvGuy Odac ( JDS LABS ): 110$ shipped
HiFimeDIY U2 : 60 $ shipped
uDac
AudioQuest Dragonfly.
behringer

Fiio : multilple products : check pristine note , else mp4nation.net
there are many more DAC. not able to recollect.

another DAC is sale on forum. please check if you can strike a deal though it will be above 5k in any case but you can check as it has multiple inputs.

I shortlisted Fiio E10 and Asus Xonar U7.
Can i connect my tv's optical output to anyone of these?

I shortlisted Fiio E10 and Asus Xonar U7.
Can i connect my tv's optical output to anyone of these?

Puraly going by net specs NOOO
By the way do ur research

There are no. of chinese dacs which gives reasonable output are less than USD 100 + - and have all 3 Inputs USB

Muse Mini DAC 24bit 192kHz Coaxial Optical USB Input Headphone Out | eBay

Less than US$ 50 I

You can find many

It will searve many purposes - BTW it does not have source selector search more and you will find more options - REMEMBER TO CHECK IF IT IS HAVING OPTICAL INPUT.( Not output)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back