Which will be a good DVD player for me?

Guys would it make sense if I go for Western Digital HD Media Player (or any other brand) instead of a DVD player...with the added flexibility for wide playback capabilities...

What are your opinions? Pros and Cons?

Guys would it make sense if I go for Western Digital HD Media Player (or any other brand) instead of a DVD player...with the added flexibility for wide playback capabilities...

What are your opinions? Pros and Cons?

Pros:

Capacity, reusability, convenience, mobility, no loss of media or worries about scratching

Cons:

Generally crappy recordings, downloading overhead, bandwidth limitations of USB, on some players remote operations dont work well with the players

Format support only as good as DVD or AVR you connect to.

Y not try pio 410 ?
its same as pio 610 with only difference that 610 has USB input & 410 does not have it.Both of them play all popular format including DIVX
It sems prices in banglore r quite high . I got my pio 610 from alfa in 6000/- only

The difference between 410 & 610 is not about USB port. They both have it.
610 has optical & coaxial. Whereas 410 has only coaxial.

Are you sure you got it for 6K at Alfa? I checked price on phone and they indicated approx 6.5k. As you know one cannot bargain at Alfa...

I also have a question on the similar grounds...

Which should I go for SQ in Music only....

Is the OPPO DVD equalvallent to Philips DVD + Beresford DAC / or better and by how much in %

Gurus please share your wisdom!:)

Thanks in advance

The difference between 410 & 610 is not about USB port. They both have it.
610 has optical & coaxial. Whereas 410 has only coaxial.

Are you sure you got it for 6K at Alfa? I checked price on phone and they indicated approx 6.5k. As you know one cannot bargain at Alfa...

UPDATE: Pioneer DV-410V-K (Black) is now available with optical out. Price around 4.8K in grey.

Pioneer DV410 has Sound equalizer and 610 doesn't have.

Pioneer 610 has these additional features over 410

Plays DVD-Audio
Plays SACD
It's divx ultra certified,
It has 192 kHz/24-bit D/A Converter (6ch) compared to 96khz/24 bit of 410
Has DTS 96/24 Decoder
Has DTS 5.1 decoder
Has Dolby Digital 5.1-Channel Decoder
Has BNR Block NR & Ringing NR

Thanks, Prakash

SQ is dependent on more things than just the transport eg., your speakers, genre, # components in your chain as well as your surroundings. Generally speaking Oppo 980/3 use very high quality audio components that make them as excellent music players.

Philips + Beresford may make it sound louder but not necessarily clearer though if you have mediocre components and source, you wont even feel the difference. In that case go with cheaper solution.

I also have a question on the similar grounds...

Which should I go for SQ in Music only....

Is the OPPO DVD equalvallent to Philips DVD + Beresford DAC / or better and by how much in %

Gurus please share your wisdom!:)

Thanks in advance

Thank you Marsilians for your prompt and sincere advice.

Below are the components and the chain of equipment I have, please enlighten if I will / will not be able to fully tap Beresford's potential and if so, of which area in SQ?

1. Bryston integrated amp B- 60R
2. B&W Bookshelfspeakers DM 4
3. Philips DVD player
4. Beresford DAC (in aweek's time)

Thanks a ton

SQ is dependent on more things than just the transport eg., your speakers, genre, # components in your chain as well as your surroundings. Generally speaking Oppo 980/3 use very high quality audio components that make them as excellent music players.

Philips + Beresford may make it sound louder but not necessarily clearer though if you have mediocre components and source, you wont even feel the difference. In that case go with cheaper solution.

UPDATE: Pioneer DV-410V-K (Black) is now available with optical out. Price around 4.8K in grey.

dv 410 has optical output also.
it cant play SACD but then they r not available in india. it is divx certified.
& yes price for 610 is 6000 in alfa
As for product it works wonderfully esp with HDMI -superb colours & clarity

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back