White Glow or shadow effect on LCD Projector

chanduwala

I recently bought and Panasonic AE8000U LCD Projector. I like the brightness and clarity of this projector. I used to have Optoma HD25e and I sold it and bought this.

I see a problem with this projector when it comes to bright whites. There is some kind of glow effect around the text or any white color.

I see it particularly when there black background and some white text is being displayed on the screen.

I have no idea about this issue. I tried several possible settings in projector like picture settings and all.

I am attaching sample picture of the problem, Can some one give me some idea about it?

If you see the below picture, You see some glow around Bilbo Baggins's White shirt. I seeing this effect more on white objects in the picture. I never had this problem when I am using HD25e. Please help me to understand the problem.

Attachments

• 20141006_195645.jpg
    20141006_195645.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 20141006_195649.jpg
    20141006_195649.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 84
Hi Friends,

Can you help me in this. I seriously need some help. I am using carl's place DIY screen white matte. 1.1 gain.

Is this kind of panel alignment problem?

Smearing is a problem usually with heavily compressed sources. Can you tell us more about the source material and player ?

I am playing original Hobbit bluray with Pioneer BDP-450.

I don't think that's a valid reason for it. I see this problem even in the bluray menu and even in the projector test patterns.

I'm having exactly the same problem with the Panasonic AE8000U LCD Projector.
I've only had the projector for a week and oddly I did not notice it at first. And I haven't seen anything on the review sites that warned about this effect.
I thought perhaps it was dust on the lens from some minor installation dust, but wiping the lens made no difference.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Perhaps we just got lemons?

Attachments

• white_screen_glow.jpg
    white_screen_glow.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 27
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back