Whole Home Audio - Amp Help

JBT103

Hello! I need a little help figuring out if an amp is good enough for a job. I don't normally do this type of work but a friend built a new house and I wanted to help him any way I could.

I installed 2 of these speakers in the living room (suggested 70w amp)
10 of these speakers in 5 different rooms (suggested 70w amp)
4 of these speakers in 4 rooms (suggested 70w amp)
and 2 of these speakers outside. That's not even all the downstairs rooms and we didn't do any upstairs. Needless to say it's a big house.

I bought two connecting blocks and tied all 11 rooms to those blocks. I then wired Channel A (R+R-L+L-) to one block and Channel B (R+R-L+L-) to the other from an AudioSource 110 75watt amp.

Really it sounds good but that amp has an auto shut off feature that will just shut off if the music gets a little too loud or sometimes too soft so it's really annoying to just have the music shut off for no reason.

I'm looking for a new amp and I bought a Russound 75X, hooked it up the same way but it sounds terrible, the speakers distort the sound and I think maybe it doesn't have enough power?

I guess my question is, I see on the specs that the power increases to 75 watts at 4 ohms. I have all the speakers running through individual htd controls but they're all set to 8 ohms. Would it sound better if I set them to 4 and left the amp? Or should I get a new amp?

I'm looking at this amp and this amp but I don't want to buy another one unless I know for sure it's going to work.

Any thoughts? Sorry about all the links but I don't know what other information might be helpful.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back