Why analogue (vinyl) sounds better that digital

Friends,
There is a niche market for vinyl records in our country.How I wish that the erstwhile vinyl record manufacturers like The Gramophone Company(HMV records) since renamed Sa Re Ga Ma India Ltd and other manufacturers make a comeback and start producing them!The wish may be far from reality.
With regards,
pksnathan

Friends,
There is a niche market for vinyl records in our country.How I wish that the erstwhile vinyl record manufacturers like The Gramophone Company(HMV records) since renamed Sa Re Ga Ma India Ltd and other manufacturers make a comeback and start producing them!The wish may be far from reality.
With regards,
pksnathan

Even if they produce vinyl, the recording/mastering will be in digital domain as I doubt any of the studios in India will be recording in analogue format any longer. A substantial advantage of vinyl (analogue sound) will be therefore be lost- plus you will have the clicks and pops to contend with.

Even if they produce vinyl, the recording/mastering will be in digital domain as I doubt any of the studios in India will be recording in analogue format any longer. A substantial advantage of vinyl (analogue sound) will be therefore be lost- plus you will have the clicks and pops to contend with.

Very difficult to find analog multitrack recorders in studios today , they either record on Tascam DA88/98 or Alesis ADAT and now they have gone a step further with the Digital Audio Worstation (DAW) from AVID and others and the entire recording chain is digital.

Recently pressed Vinyls are mostly from Digital Sources, so whatever the loss in digital is done in the mastering process.:sad:

New studios will no more have Analog Open Reel Multitrack Recorders because they are no more under production. Industry leaders like Tascam, Fostex, Ampex,Revox Studer,Mitsubishi, Otari etc have stopped manufacturing Open Reels. So we audiophiles actually listen to the digital masters via LPs.:lol:

Thanks.

Very difficult to find analog multitrack recorders in studios today , they either record on Tascam DA88/98 or Alesis ADAT and now they have gone a step further with the Digital Audio Worstation (DAW) from AVID and others and the entire recording chain is digital.

Recently pressed Vinyls are mostly from Digital Sources, so whatever the loss in digital is done in the mastering process.:sad:

New studios will no more have Analog Open Reel Multitrack Recorders because they are no more under production. Industry leaders like Tascam, Fostex, Ampex,Revox Studer,Mitsubishi, Otari etc have stopped manufacturing Open Reels. So we audiophiles actually listen to the digital masters via LPs.:lol:

Thanks.

Luckily there is more music available on all analogue vinyl than one could possibly listen to in ones lifetime. No worries here.

Thats true we have more complete analog cassettes / open reels and vinyls than CDs to listen to.......:lol::yahoo:

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back