why does my TV force a different input source on my receiver?

arnprasad

Hi..my problem is a bit difficult to explain. I got this 4K 55 inch iffalcon TV which I really like in terms of VFM. Now thanks to its 'smartness' this is the first time i used smart features on a tv over an extended period of time (but after the first month of josh..i am back to my desktop being my primary source). Anyways during this "smart" time I had to get audio back to my receiver from my TV so used a Toslink and after writing a query here and bit of googling and finally reading my AVR manual, I had to choose TV/SAT option to get the toslink audio. So this is all good as long as i used this option. After i got sick of this...like i mentioned, I went back to my desktop and removed the toslink from my tv. now because of my projector had some handshake issues with my desktop video via AVR, I directly connect my projector hdmi to my desktop and for audio..i use the same toslink..now between my desktop and AVR and choose the TV/SAT as input source. I guess the later part of the above post has no link to my problem.

..now coming to my problem itself...say i am playing amazon music on my desktop to TV via AVR using HDMI ( the input source on my AVR is HDMI 2 which I have renamed as desktop) Now after few mins - not sure why, my AVR defaults to TV/SAT as my input - meaning there is no sound....my desktop may still be playing amazon music..but since input has changed on AVR..no sound. Now I dont know what is causing my AVR input to get changed....whether my TV is forcing it (which I am thinking is the reason) or my desktop is doing it ( it should not since HDMI is working well while playing Amazon music). I did read some posts where they are saying this is some kind of handshake or DLNA not working.....in my case I dont use DLNA. And I have seen this scenario played out few other times as well when I am not playing amazon music.

Not sure if what I wrote above makes sense. worry is..say I go for my morning walk for an hour or i go to office...but for my mom to make use of my HT setup..Say i play some carnatic music album on my desktop hoping it will go on for an hour or two...but my mom says after 15-20 mins..because the input on my AVR changed..no sound.

Also as I write ..there is some other similar thing happening apart from the auto TV/SAT switching on my receiver. Say in this one hour walking thing..I set up my amazon music..my mom says after 15-20 mins..my Pioneer switches off on its own - now it can be that my TV while receiving amazon music app via desktop may not be "feeling" that anything is being played and hence auto shutting itself off and also auto shutting AVR off...or say my desktop is saying ..no one is touching mouse or keyboard and hence may be i am idle and telling AVR to shut off ...or AVR itself feeling that nothing is being played and shutting itself off........none of these makes real sense...

but as I am typing this...this actually happened right now...my TV went into standby mode and immediately my AVR powered off - hence I am convinced my TV is telling my AVR to shut off ...what is this logic called?

And also sometimes why does my TV flash this message that if i dont touch the remote it will shut itself off since its feeling I am not using the TV - this happens even when I am playing something on my desktop and i can see it on my TV.

While I am happy with my TV...may be its too "smart" for me - apart from the above problems.....it also takes almost two minutes to get ready when switched on...really really frustrating.....u just keep staring at the TV hoping the first 30 seconds of the TV logo and then another minute of the android thing getting logged....is there a way to make my TV dumb so that when i switch on..I can watch desktop or tata sky on the fly like a normal TV

Apologize for the loooong post..just dunno how to explain in fewer sentences

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back