Why don't Indian companies send their speakers for reiews

krishtrinity

All the speakers and amp I have owned till now is from outside India,I was not even aware that India has any good speaker manufacturers until recently and that is because of this forum,I just don't understand why the companies like sonadyne,Norge etc don't sent their products for reviews in audio websites like what HiFi and the likes,also don't get why they use websites like amazon or Flipkart to sell their speaker instead of the outdated way of selling them.If they have the confidence in their products why don't they send them for review

There could be many reasons for that. I believe one reason could be the marketing cost involved. Advertising and Marketing cost for a company can be substantial and often compaines keep a separate budget for that. Many reviews are paid and offered as adertisement gimmick. So, to keep cost down and earn good profit, companies like sonodyne cannot afford to spend so much for advertisement.

These websites are mainly targeted at overseas markets (eg Whathifi.com is clearly targeted at the UK market). The only Indian speaker company that seriously sells in foreign markets is Rethm, and they do send their speakers for review. Sonodyne focuses on the pro markets overseas and you do find reviews of some of their studio monitors in pro audio magazines. For brands like Lyrita, Norge, Nibbana etc, who don't sell overseas at all, it doesn't make sense to spend marketing money on such websites.

Now that hifitoday.com is up and running, hopefully we'll see some domestic brands getting covered there.

For me reviews in what hi-fi and av max does not matter anyways as they provide only subjective review which can be very personal and depend upon many other factors and can be influenced easily.

A better review imo will be also to provide objective measurements to allow and verify the claims made. I only know of stereophile internationally providing objective analysis for the technical minded ones.

To me, both subjective and objective review equally important.I have seen some audio stuffs have better specifications,but do not sound as good as they should in real word.

For subjective - only if you yourself go and hear them it has any value. You just cannot rely on someone else subjective analysis to do justice to your own listening. Its like someone eating an ice cream and telling you how good or bad it taste without you yourself tasting the ice cream.

With objective measurements if you are able to analyze the graphs atleast you can make some judgement about the speakers without actually listening to them. I do agree that subjective is important and you cannot buy based on objective measurements, but it helps in narrowing down your choice to the vast majority of speakers available in the market. Its very rare that speakers that measure badly can sound good or vice-versa. If it does, its mostly due to the choice of the music that is played that suits the speaker very well but can fail if a variety of music is played in the same speaker.

For subjective - only if you yourself go and hear them it has any value. You just cannot rely on someone else subjective analysis to do justice to your own listening. Its like someone eating an ice cream and telling you how good or bad it taste without you yourself tasting the ice cream.

With objective measurements if you are able to analyze the graphs atleast you can make some judgement about the speakers without actually listening to them. I do agree that subjective is important and you cannot buy based on objective measurements, but it helps in narrowing down your choice to the vast majority of speakers available in the market. Its very rare that speakers that measure badly can sound good or vice-versa. If it does, its mostly due to the choice of the music that is played that suits the speaker very well but can fail if a variety of music is played in the same speaker.

Well for being that solo objectively opinionated site, Stereophile did give a surprise product of the year 2011 to Voxativ Ampeggio which didn't measure so good per their review... so much for objectively analyzing ice creams!! :rolleyes:

Well for being that solo objectively opinionated site, Stereophile did give a surprise product of the year 2011 to Voxativ Ampeggio which didn't measure so good per their review... so much for objectively analyzing ice creams!! :rolleyes:

You cannot objectively analyze an ice cream, it has to be subjective. :lol: :lol:

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back