Why is my speaker sounding so low...

chandruybl

Dear All,

in an effort to hear movies from usb when connected to my tv a lil louder I have connected the audio out of my tv to my avr (from tv audio out optical to optical 1 in avr ) using a optical cable, but even after pumping up the volume the sound in my speakers sound low, not able to diagnose what's the problem,can you guys pls assist...

Dear All,

in an effort to hear movies from usb when connected to my tv a lil louder I have connected the audio out of my tv to my avr (from tv audio out optical to optical 1 in avr ) using a optical cable, but even after pumping up the volume the sound in my speakers sound low, not able to diagnose what's the problem,can you guys pls assist...
Thats very strange indeed. You could go through the following checklist:

1. Does modulating the sound at the source level i.e. on the TV do anything to the volume when its connected to your AVR via optical?
(If yes, simply turn up the volume in the TV which is your source and you need not move to the next step)

2. Is the sound low if you use an aux cable such as 3.5mm to RCA or simply RCA to RCA connectors (if your TV has RCA out for audio)?
(If yes, then you are stuck i guess unless you use ARC which your HK AVR might not possess.)

3. If the answer to the above is in the negative i.e. sound output is fine through RCA, then try using a different optical cable. If the sound output is still low, you have a problem either with your TV's optical out or AVR's optical in and you're better off using RCA or Aux.

Dear All,

Check the audio out option from TV /and Select the bit stream - Dolby digital if your TV has option. This is the best option to get maximum audio output.
By default TV outputs audio with PCM option . But that also should not sound low.

Check with your other optical port from your AVR. / Check with any other movie from usb too. The issue seems to be the movie have too low volume. And check any volume settings from media player app which you are playing usb from Tv too.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back