Why Single ended

SET designs if done right are fast, musical and vibrant.

Gobble, IMHO you need to look at a complete design (tubes) for your speakers. An integrated or a pre/power. All tubes. You will be surprised what your single driver speaker can do.
It is criminal to use those speakers with a nad amp.
Low level micro dynamics and vibrancy is never a Nad's forte. If you have a speaker which needs only a few watts to perform, you should be looking at high quality / low power designs. It is a different world.

When auditioning the amps, you need to setup your speakers with some 3 odd feet space behind and at the sides of your speakers. Your current setup can give you confusing results. I am assuming you have it setup the way I saw tham last time I had visited.

Yeah When I decided to buy those speakers, I made a decision ot upgrade my pre power as well. My GG pre will arrive by next weekend, then I need to assemble it.

The power section upgrade will have to wait a year. :licklips:

Cheers

sluggish? how dare you sir! a glove slap and i challenge you to a duel!

though seriously you might hear the relatively lesser control over the bass. sluggish? ummmm am surprised that you heard that. the preamp that you tried out was that but am sure that was more cos of the output voltage mismatch with your power amp section which you didnt have a chance/didnt dare fiddle around to rectify.

vortex the number of people discovering and switching over to SET amps speaks for itself. if one does a poll of which amplifier people own on the forum you'll see just how many of viren's SET amps are in circulation ;)

there's olive oil to yer ghee gobble! (am health conscious hence the olive oil.)

edit for typo

Now you are stoking some healthy flames ... :eek:hyeah:
But hey I only wanted to ignite the fire and watch from the sidelines. Not take part in the actual duel ... :)

Cheers
unanimous consensus is boring :)

When auditioning the amps, you need to setup your speakers with some 3 odd feet space behind and at the sides of your speakers. Your current setup can give you confusing results. I am assuming you have it setup the way I saw tham last time I had visited.

And Yeah waiting to upgrade my rental home along with the hifi this year.

Cheers

If you take away life from the music you get a SS!

Nahin Dost, Sachhi baath nahin? - i hope my rashtra bhasha is okay?

a good (excellent) SS setup can rival a very good tube setup - with soul, emotion et al, - and i have heard both.

i say this without (adjustable) bias - but with viren around, getting an SS setup to sound as good as a tube setup (with all the immediacy, fluency, emotion, soul, etc.) is going to be terribly expensive (if one compares costs), and surely the qinpu china amplifiers need not apply!!!:D

Nahin Dost, Sachhi baath nahin? - i hope my rashtra bhasha is okay?

a good (excellent) SS setup can rival a very good tube setup - with soul, emotion et al, - and i have heard both.

i say this without (adjustable) bias - but with viren around, getting an SS setup to sound as good as a tube setup (with all the immediacy, fluency, emotion, soul, etc.) is going to be terribly expensive (if one compares costs), and surely the qinpu china amplifiers need not apply!!!:D

My Friend what was available in my limited resources I attempted. Otherwise why would I sell my amp?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back