Why some GPUs are running out of stock?

dinesh1201

Hi! Guys, as some of you aware that I wanted to buy a graphics Card and so I started a thread in wanted section to buy a 1080ti.
I ended up buying the Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT , however the question is quite different.
If you go to major online sites specialized in selling pc components, you find most of the high end GPUs are running out of stock.
I saw cards on primeabgb, mdcomputers and vedantcomputers and few other...thought of buying powercolor red devil 5700XT or Sapphire 5700XT...found them out of stock.
However I thought to call them just to try my luck.
With one of the site the desired card was running out of stock but the seller told me it's in stock, I asked again that it's showing no more on the website, he said only make an order when he call me. I said okay...Got a call and he told me to sat on the pc and buy as soon as I can.
I bought and he made the card out of stock again. I was curious but he wasn't interested in explaining.

One of the seller asked me how many pieces do I need. I said one...he said can be purchased on call only and pay using upi. However the card was showing not in stock on this site.

I'm confused why the hell they do not want to show some cards as "in stock", even they are filled with ample stock.

Any thought?

did you paid same price what shown on website a few months before or it was higher?

Main reason why all amd gpu stock is kept on hold is rise of bitcoin price and in turn high demand of amd gpu, so, everyone is trying to hold as much stock as possible and sell it offline to whoever pay highest for them. Now new 5700xt is now selling at around 44k in grey markets.

Hopefully you were lucky to get it below that.

Bitcoin prices were all time high so all had started mining , hence more sales of GPU and that results in higher prices

did you paid same price what shown on website a few months before or it was higher?

Main reason why all amd gpu stock is kept on hold is rise of bitcoin price and in turn high demand of amd gpu, so, everyone is trying to hold as much stock as possible and sell it offline to whoever pay highest for them. Now new 5700xt is now selling at around 44k in grey markets.

Hopefully you were lucky to get it below that.
Can't it be done with Nvidia GPUs?

Well, there have been a lot of complaints about these resellers for such antics and Nvidia and AMD not doing a thing about it. Complaints about AIB markups over reference designs from these companies is another matter. Infact GPU prices are jacked up even in the secondary market.

The best option to get yourself a 3000 series card is using Nvidia's distributor in India, RPTech. For 44.5k you can get an RTX 3070 from them directly, though you had to place yourself in a waiting list a month or two ago. They replenish stock more often now.

The RTX 3080 stock is also now replenished more often by them and is available at 62k.

Last edited:
Well, there have been a lot of complaints about these resellers for such antics and Nvidia and AMD not doing a thing about it. Complaints about AIB markups over reference designs from these companies is another matter. Infact GPU prices are jacked up even in the secondary market.

The best option to get yourself a 3000 series card is using Nvidia's distributor in India, RPTech. For 44.5k you can get an RTX 3070 from them directly, though you had to place yourself in a waiting list a month or two ago. They replenish stock more often now.

The RTX 3080 stock is also now replenished more often by them and is available at 62k.
Is it still possible to get a 3070 from rptech now?

They haven't sold any through their site in the last few months. There are some available with dealers but at a higher price
Thanks for the update. I have sent them a request through email. Founders edition can't be found elsewhere, while AIB are very badly overpriced,considering their usual msrp is already sold at a huge price difference w.r.t FE.

Thanks for the update. I have sent them a request through email. Founders edition can't be found elsewhere, while AIB are very badly overpriced,considering their usual msrp is already sold at a huge price difference w.r.t FE.
Have heard of them being sold by dealers in Bangalore. But only as part of full builds and with a markup.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back