Why there are more FMs from 'Bangalore' than any other city?

Santy

I have been wondering why, ever since I joined this place. :D :eek:hyeah:
Should we conclude Bangalore is the "HiFi capital" of India? :cool:

Rank Metropolitan area

1 National Capital Region
2 Mumbai Metropolitan Region
3 Kolkata Metropolitan Area
4 Chennai Metropolitan Area
5 Bangalore Metropolitan Area
6 Hyderabad Metropolitan Area
7 Ahmedabad Metropolitan Region
8 Pune Metropolitan Area
9 Surat Metropolitan Region

May be being the silicon valley of India Bangalore, it attracts a big part of Indian youth with enough strong budget to get hifi stuffs. And being young net savvy generation they find this forum and register themselves. On the other hand in Delhi where the there is no dearth of cash, most people (who are ofter very busy with their business ventures and entrepreneurship) find it time consuming to use internet and go directly to showrooms and look for better deal. I found that a lot of people from Pune also. Santy may be you can start a poll asking to vote people about their location. So we might have a statistical idea....

Last edited:
5 of my friends/acquaintances have good audio systems and among us, I am the only one in this forum. The biggest audio video dealer here also doesn't know of the forum. In Banagalore a lot of people use Internet and this forum including many dealers.
A lot depends on Internet use pattern. I had discovered this forum when I was trying to sell some of my LPs and I was too lazy to list them individually on ebay.

The most expensive system I have seen was in Delhi and the person who owns it doesn't even use email.

Here on the forum, maximum members do appear to be from Blore.

In Banagalore a lot of people use Internet and this forum including many dealers.
A lot depends on Internet use pattern.

I am afraid that may not be the right reason. :)

internet-consumption-trends-across-cities-in-india1_zpsead7ba0c.png

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back