Why usb via schiit sounds thin

@Amit11 check whether you are disliking the smooth sound. I liked it. But due to the extra energy that i mentioned, I was stopping listening to songs after i had heard 4-5 songs.

Well, its not that I did not like my Schiit Dac. I have been using it via optical all the time via ipad + airplay + airport express (the oldest generation, not the latest one) and I am happy with that.

But reading about USB and bit-perfect, I tried it recently. The USB disappointed me. I tried various types of ways for USB input e.g. from laptop, from android phone OTG, I also purchased apple camera connector kit for asynchronous output (note, this connector kit was not available anywhere in India, but I still managed to hunt it and finally got it). But the fact was I personally did not liked the USB sound. Another surprising thing is every USB option was sounding different, either by great margin or by less margin. Overall the USB sound was fatiguing.. which I could only realize after experimenting for one month and concluded that 'USB was causing the ear-fatigue'. via optical and airplay I am otherwise happy.

Well, its not that I did not like my Schiit Dac. I have been using it via optical all the time via ipad + airplay + airport express (the oldest generation, not the latest one) and I am happy with that.

But reading about USB and bit-perfect, I tried it recently. The USB disappointed me. I tried various types of ways for USB input e.g. from laptop, from android phone OTG, I also purchased apple camera connector kit for asynchronous output (note, this connector kit was not available anywhere in India, but I still managed to hunt it and finally got it). But the fact was I personally did not liked the USB sound. Another surprising thing is every USB option was sounding different, either by great margin or by less margin. Overall the USB sound was fatiguing.. which I could only realize after experimenting for one month and concluded that 'USB was causing the ear-fatigue'. via optical and airplay I am otherwise happy.

Amit, You have been very objective in your comments and I have been following this thread with a lot of interest. So don't bother defending your comments. You have the right to express your observations, and that is helping us all learn. We thank you for sharing your experience with us.

@Amit11 check whether you are disliking the smooth sound. I liked it. But due to the extra energy that i mentioned, I was stopping listening to songs after i had heard 4-5 songs.

If you have to stop after a few songs the audio solution has failed, despite all the audiophile righteousness. Smooth sound should not be fatiguing at all.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back