Widescreen display modes - Question?

senthilsss

Hi,

For LCD TVs, (SONY 40NX500)

Could you tell me what is the aspect ratio I should set in my TATSKY+ or DVD player? 4:3 or 16:9?

Could you also tell me what is the preferred Screen format WIDE ZOOM or FULL mode? I felt WIDE ZOOM results in some grainy output than FULL mode.

Please suggest.

all dth in india display 4:3 inspint of hacing an option for 16:9 in the stb.... so go ahead with 16:9 in ur tv for the best clarity as the tv with upscale and process it to give u the best of whatever available** dont go for zoom or other settings else u might miss out on the upper and lower edge for the same

all dth in india display 4:3 inspint of hacing an option for 16:9 in the stb.... so go ahead with 16:9 in ur tv for the best clarity as the tv with upscale and process it to give u the best of whatever available** dont go for zoom or other settings else u might miss out on the upper and lower edge for the same

Yes! I have changed the settings to 16:9 in my STB and DVD Player. If I go for "FULL" stretch option, picture looks stretched where as "WIDE ZOOM" is kind of ok. However, I felt WIDE ZOOM option makes the picture grainy.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back