Will a CDP improve the music performance in my setup ?

Nothing like a good CD Player...but the big question is how long will optical media rule the market in the age of legal and illegal Internet downloads.....

however good or expensive a cd player is, it always has digital out and that itself suggests that companies know that they are offloading junk and ultimately, people like us after spending thousands on CD player, spend another bundle of notes on DACs. So, beg "No" for a CD player.

I did not mean to be offensive, my friend, was just venting out my frustration of having been through this :(.

Nothing like a good CD Player...but the big question is how long will optical media rule the market in the age of legal and illegal Internet downloads.....

Good CDP is the best option,when you have nice collection, but at current Trend for market,I might not be Surprised if the Studio release CD only on Pre-order basis make Digital downloads as Main channel for releasing albums\Titles.

W

With current scenario I think a basic model (but dedicated) cd player will be safe bet (if you are not confident about BDPs for stereo) which should be easy for maintenance (make sure lens assembly easily available). Major investment should be reserved for good DAC as far your budget permits. It will be a long term as well as versatile investment.

Adding CD player to the setup will definitely improve sound quality, i have pioneer BDP 170 and Marantz CD6004, i can definitely feel the different in sound quality due to superior DAC on Marantz, after using it for a while i feel it is better to invest on a dedicated DAC rather going for dedicated CDP for two reasons -

1. Space management and easy to upgrade. Trust me my CD player takes a lot of space and its bulky lol :)
2. Pioneer can be used as decent transport, why pay for another when there is already one.

Either CD player or DAC, RCA analog out from these devices should be fed to amp .

1. Space management and easy to upgrade. Trust me my CD player takes a lot of space and its bulky lol :)
2. Pioneer can be used as decent transport, why pay for another when there is already one.

Agree with the points, especially the flexibility with respect to the upgrade. I was facing similar situation and then went with DAC and using my BDP as transport.

Can I say that if there is CD player model which support all MP3 and lossless files, connect USB/ network (like Marantz Melody Media ) then its ok to invest as it would still good to take care for new trend of playing mp3s.

Thanks

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back