Will a pull-down screen swing coz of ceiling fan?

rikhi22s

I have a living room of the size of 11ft by 30 ft and want to check the feasibility of installing a pull-down screen at one end of the room (in front of wall-mounted TV and book-shelve speakers. There is a ceiling fan at about 5 ft distance from the TV and I tend to use the fan while watching a movie.

Currently, I am watching the projector on the side wall which is at a 10ft watching distance but the speakers are on the TV panel so don't get the best effects. Also the viewing distance seems to be little short for a 100 inch projection.

Can you please suggest if I should try to install the pull-down screen? Will it swing/shake due to the fan? Or should I continue with the wall for now?

Thanks in advance!

Walls are the best. You can continue to use your wall without installing any screen. Get it painted with duluxe velvet touch white or a little off white. It will perform well.

And yes the pull down screen will shake unless you mount it with something after opening it.

Currently, I am watching the projector on the side wall which is at a 10ft watching distance but the speakers are on the TV panel so don't get the best effects. Also the viewing distance seems to be little short for a 100 inch projection.

Can you please suggest if I should try to install the pull-down screen? Will it swing/shake due to the fan? Or should I continue with the wall for now?

Viewing distance 9-14 Feet is perfect for 100 inches. Any more distance will make the image too small.

The screen will swing a bit due to fan . Even a motorized 120 screen shakes due to fan air. But it very minimal and to me not to the point of distraction.

My setup is exactly what you have in mind.
Yes, the screen does shake especially when the fan is running at high speeds.
But I would say it is not noticeable when the pj is on.
I've just checked with the pj on and off with the fan at medium and full speeds.
My fan is centred about 4 feet in front of the screen.

2j17exg.jpg

Video with fan at full speed and pj off (check the bottom left corner for shake due to fan)
Video with fan at full speed and pj on

My setup is exactly what you have in mind.
Yes, the screen does shake especially when the fan is running at high speeds.
But I would say it is not noticeable when the pj is on.
I've just checked with the pj on and off with the fan at medium and full speeds.
My fan is centred about 4 feet in front of the screen.

2j17exg.jpg

Video with fan at full speed and pj off (check the bottom left corner for shake due to fan)
Video with fan at full speed and pj on

That's a very nice set-up Naturelover. Did you not think of concealing the screen fixture? That could have enhanced the looks further.

That's a very nice set-up Naturelover. Did you not think of concealing the screen fixture? That could have enhanced the looks further.
Thanks. No, I didn't bother. Don't have any formal visitors so it didn't really matter

Yes, is the short answer to your initial query. Does it disturb your viewing pleasure, I dont think so!
Cheers

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back