Will Dynaudio be compatiable with Bryston integrated?

heliumflight

Hey! helium

Have you heard the spks?
Why have you only narrowed down on this dyna's?

All the best
Cheers

Hi neo,

I will be auditioning them soon as have located a dealer in Delhi.

This specific speaker comes under the Special Models of the Dynaes and has a sensitivity of 88db with 4 ohms hence wanted to know if my amp can drive them effortlessly...

room and listening position are also important params for people to be able to answer. Home demo is a very good thing. Just be careful that the low frequencies may excite your room - you may like the effect, or totally hate it, or it could be just annoying.

regards

PS: I think your phone ran out of battery while we were talking.

Hi neo,

I will be auditioning them soon as have located a dealer in Delhi.

This specific speaker comes under the Special Models of the Dynaes and has a sensitivity of 88db with 4 ohms hence wanted to know if my amp can drive them effortlessly...

Dinyaar where are you ? The amp in question is Bryston!
hahaha nice one Vinod.
Actually i talk to helium on this subject almost every day!!!!!
Am very much there but am a little hard pressed for time as bbay traffic is leaving very limited spare time.
My opinion on Bryston now is that anything under the 3BSST2 is a waste of money. Even the 3B is a small amp that will struggle with some speakers and it outputs almost 170WPC in actuality. So i would never suggest a 2B or either of the integrateds as they are small and most guys just cant accept the bass. It is actually true bass minus any bloat, totally controlled but most guys i know are grumbling.
Helium inherited this baby and its about 15 years old. I doubt it can do justice to anything apart from the least demanding and sensitive modern loudspeaker.
Rgds

Last edited:
just to confirm - so are you saying that the bryston helium has is not good?

regards

hahaha nice one Vinod.
Actually i talk to helium on this subject almost every day!!!!!
Am very much there but am a little hard pressed for time as bbay traffic is leaving very limited spare time.
My opinion on Bryston now is that anything under the 3BSST2 is a waste of money. Even the 3B is a small amp that will struggle with some speakers and it outputs almost 170WPC in actuality. So i would never suggest a 2B or either of the integrateds as they are small and most guys just cant accept the bass. It is actually true bass minus any bloat, totally controlled but most guys i know are grumbling.
Helium inherited this baby and its about 15 years old. I doubt it can do justice to anything apart from the least demanding and sensitive modern loudspeaker.
Rgds

:confused: Are you saying that I shouldn't question what stereophile says? Why I am asking in detail about this amp? Because I have listened to this amp for a very short duration at helium's place and somehow I find the stereophile review just a bit too much on positive side. Didn't sound that exceptional to me - but it could be that hindi song that played on it - BUT, my experience of HI FI is nil. I have never listened to high end systems, and I tend to live onkyos too. So answer of this question will give me a reference point.

Please PM me to explain in better detail.

regards

Come on! you know the answer, don't you?!

"Bravo, Bryston! A landmark...a reference...a triumph...a steal!" - Stereophile

Cheers.

Maybe the source-IC-amp-speakers synergy isn't the best possible. Going by their reputation, It must be better than most amps in the price range for sure ...
I would try swapping the source to begin with.

Cheers

@anm - Forget reviews, you have to listen for yourself and draw your own conclusions.

However coming to Bryston it's rated very highly and quite a few I know swear by it. In terms of reliability and durability its one of the highest rated with warranty periods of 20 years. In audiophile territory though its not really rated high-end, more like mid-fi.

Personally I've not heard this Bryston so cannot comment, but Dynaudio will need a powerful amp to drive them.

:confused: Are you saying that I shouldn't question what stereophile says? Why I am asking in detail about this amp? Because I have listened to this amp for a very short duration at helium's place and somehow I find the stereophile review just a bit too much on positive side. Didn't sound that exceptional to me - but it could be that hindi song that played on it - BUT, my experience of HI FI is nil. I have never listened to high end systems, and I tend to live onkyos too. So answer of this question will give me a reference point.

Please PM me to explain in better detail.

regards

Hope you didn't take my comment too seriously! The stereophile quote was just for reference.Plus, it was reviewed more than a decade back.

It was more like, how can you expect someone to answer the above?! Typically the answer will be a 'No' given the fact that a 'Yes' will be rude most of the times! We all are learning and there are a zillion systems out there that I would love to at least hear once! Not at all trying to judge your observations in anyway my friend.

Cheers.

regards

Its not that the Bryston that Helium has is good or not. Its not what he needs. For 'big' sound (scale, depth etc) plus loads of impact u surely cant get by with a 60 watter. Have been using these amps for a while now and even a 60W Nad will sound bigger than this baby amp."This" Bigger is not better though.
If its simply which bryston then BIGGER IS BETTER IMO.The bigger amps (4B and above) are smooth, controlled and sound good where as the baby amps can sound bright.
Its like this ANM if my requirement is for going cross country a Ferrari is the last thing that I need!!!

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back