Will this combo be OK? Tx-SR501,Bose,Jamo

vvid4

Hello Guys,

I bought back an Onkyo TX-SR501 A/V receiver and Bose 201 series IV bookshelves when I moved from the US. To complete the HT setup I'm planning to get these speakers:

Jamo S 406 towers, Jamo E5 center, Jamo E3 sub, all for 25K. I will use the Bose 201s for surround. Will this combo sound OK? My budget is limited. Please advise if there are any glitches., I'm not too good with the technicalities that go into Audio...

Regards,
Vinod

Hi Vvid

I am assuming this is for Home Theatre.

Go and audition with your fav. music sources and pick the speakers within your budget that sound good.

If your AVR can hookup all the speakers then there should not be any glitches.

what sub are you using?

Hello Guys,

I bought back an Onkyo TX-SR501 A/V receiver and Bose 201 series IV bookshelves when I moved from the US. To complete the HT setup I'm planning to get these speakers:

Jamo S 406 towers, Jamo E5 center, Jamo E3 sub, all for 25K. I will use the Bose 201s for surround. Will this combo sound OK? My budget is limited. Please advise if there are any glitches., I'm not too good with the technicalities that go into Audio...

Regards,
Vinod

I do not have a sub..i'm planning to get the Jamo E3 sub. There are no audio outlets in the city I live. I'm having them shipped to me...I haven't heard the speakers personally...

I do not have a sub..i'm planning to get the Jamo E3 sub. There are no audio outlets in the city I live. I'm having them shipped to me...I haven't heard the speakers personally...

I would not buy a speaker set without listening to them atleast since there are specific characteristics with each set even from the same manufacturer. I suggest take some time off a weekend or holiday and go and audition a set from a list you build up here based on users feedback with your soures and then purchase it.

To like the music ultimately, you have to like what is coming out of your source, AVR, speakers with all the internal format conversions etc. Only your ears will let you know this.

SR501 is one of the best audio amplifiers in the world, so that is great choice. Between Bose and Jamo there is no comparision, Bose is just for loud sound.. hardly any hifi there... Jamo whether 3 way towers or small 2-way cubes are real audiophile speakers...

you will have more than a handful of people begging to differ

I would differ myself....it was just an entry level receiver when i bought it.....anyways..good enough for me. Thanks for the replies., I wish I could audition the speakers.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back