Will this configuration of amp and speakers work?

divby0_0

I own a Yamaha RX-V477 amplifier. I thought that it would be a great idea to pair it with Klipsch 5.1 speaker system. So I bought Klipsch R 15M bookshelf speakers as my front speakers (left and right). I do not have the option of buying floor standing speakers as someone is getting it from USA for me and they are pretty heavy. I intend to purchase a Klipsch RC-42 II center channel. The rear 2 speakers will probably be a Klipsch R14 M that I am yet to purchase. Subwoofer will probably be Klipsch R 10SW or Yamaha NS SW 100. Any ideas as to what issues I could run into would be great. Is the amplifier too underpowered for the speakers? Are bookshelves fine to create a 5.1 as I have described above? Any kind of help or direction would be much appreciated.

The speakers that you are considering should just be great with your AVR..

Subwoofer will probably be Klipsch R 10SW or Yamaha NS SW 100

You can go the Klipsch route to complete 5.1 set-up.. (or) any other brand of subwoofers in your budget..

Any ideas as to what issues I could run into would be great. Is the amplifier too underpowered for the speakers?

I don't see any issues that you would run in to.. Usually Klipsch speakers are high on sensitivity, so they would need very little power from AVR, which it should comfortably provide..

Are bookshelves fine to create a 5.1 as I have described above? Any kind of help or direction would be much appreciated.

Yes.. More than enough.. You need to place them in the right location to get the desired results..

For surrounds, just make sure the speaker have wall mount provisions..

An other point if you wish to consider.. Get the same Klipsch R 15M BS for center & surrounds too..

Thank you so much @elangoas .. 1 question- Don't the center channel and bookshelf need to have different cross overs?. . will the bookshelf as center channel be able to produce good quality for dialogues in movies?
P.S. I'm a noob. My knowledge is pretty much limited to what I've read

Don't the center channel and bookshelf need to have different cross overs?

Hope you are referring to the crossover in the AVR.. You can set all the speakers to "small" and run a setting of 80 Hz for all channels..

will the bookshelf as center channel be able to produce good quality for dialogues in movies?

Infact a BS speaker is one of the best as center channels than a horizontal center speaker.. One challenge of using a BS a center would be the height of the speaker.. But you can still manage to keep it above/below/beside TV..

Hope you are referring to the crossover in the AVR.. You can set all the speakers to "small" and run a setting of 80 Hz for all channels..

Infact a BS speaker is one of the best as center channels than a horizontal center speaker.. One challenge of using a BS a center would be the height of the speaker.. But you can still manage to keep it above/below/beside TV..
Thank you so much.

@elangoas what do I do after I run the setting with speakers as small and cross over at 80. I have also set the speaker distance. Do you have a link which will guide me through?

You don't have to enter the speaker distance manually.. Assuming you already have a sub in your set-up, post auto calibration, changing all the speaker crossover to 80 Hz, will send the bass to the subwoofer..

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back