Windows 11 and Spotify/Tidal

OM_2K19

Well, I was able to get my hands on an early build of Windows 11 and was playing with it for the last two days. Surprisingly, I experienced a noticeable improvement in Sound Fidelity, especially with Spotify/Tidal. I am not sure what Microsoft exactly did in their code, but it's working.

Thanks. Count me excited for windows 11.

Note: I assume you ensured the no dsp, bit perfect playback is working.
Yes, everything was in the default state. Since it's a Dev build, I am assuming, when this thing goes to RTM, more refinement will come.

Any idea whether the default sound on laptops will increase? Had to use Letasoft volume booster on most. Many youtubers don't realize their sound out is low! :mad:

Your belief is correct but the chip need not be only on the mainboard. :)

Eh?
Yeah, that's the confusing part, so far, from the available material, it looks like Windows 11 requires the hardware implementation of TPM 2.0 and may not like PPT which a non-dedicated hardware approach to TPM 2.0 developed by Intel. I tried to install Windows 11 on my NUC which has PPT (no TPM chip) and the installation failed. Let's see if MS relaxes this criterion and supports PTT as well before releasing Windows 11 to General Public.

Yeah, that's the confusing part, so far, from the available material, it looks like Windows 11 requires the hardware implementation of TPM 2.0 and may not like PPT which a non-dedicated hardware approach to TPM 2.0 developed by Intel. I tried to install Windows 11 on my NUC which has PPT (no TPM chip) and the installation failed. Let's see if MS relaxes this criterion and supports PTT as well before releasing Windows 11 to General Public.
PTT is the Intel implemented poor cousin of TPM and is implemented in the Firmware as opposed to a dedicated chip. For all purposes it should be the same as TPM and from what I see, Windows 11 accepts PTT just fine.

Thanks guys, I am on AMD. I enabled TPM but unfortunately, my bios is legacy. I don't know if I have the energy to change it and re-install windows 10. Will spirits help me ? Only night will tell.

I am trying the Windows Insider program. It's installing now. Hope it works. This is on my gaming PC. Nothing that I can't reinstall, so trying it out.

So, windows 11 installed successfully. Looks to me like getting used to navigating windows 11 will be a bigger challenge than installing it. Will install Tidal and Roon tomorrow and see if there is any improvement in sound although it is for me a futile exercise as I can't tell the difference between a well recorded MP3 and lossless FLAC.:)

So, windows 11 installed successfully. Looks to me like getting used to navigating windows 11 will be a bigger challenge than installing it. Will install Tidal and Roon tomorrow and see if there is any improvement in sound although it is for me a futile exercise as I can't tell the difference between a well recorded MP3 and lossless FLAC.:)
Cool, after some time, you will start loving the new start menu, Sportify App should be there already. Give it a shot.

Installed Tidal, Roon, Spotify, ITunes and Amazon Music. All apps working fine. My old ears can't detect improvement in quality yet but I have not listened much.

On a side note, there is a HDR option for display. Wonder what that does.

Edit: Ok, enabling HDR plays HDR content in youtube etc in HDR. This was not available in Win 10. Looks great.

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back