Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

victorjohn9211

hi,

looking for wireless Bluetooth EARBUDS, meaning like air pods, with just 2 small things to put into your ear without any interconnecting cables,
waterproof or resistant, not going to swim with it but if dirty or get caught in rain, don't have to worry,

sound quality, currently use SHURE 215, more bass person

connection: should have strong connected so that won't keep drop and affect your listening experience,

can anyone share their experience of current earbuds on the market?

thanks!

If you prefer V-shaped sound signature (boosted bass and treble), 1more true wireless buds are good. Should cost around 6K for new

I heard some positive reviews on this set - Sabbat E12. Here is a video review comparing the same with 1More Stylish and Apple Airpods -
. Reviewer claims better bass response from E12 compared to 1More.

I recently acquired a pair of 1More Stylish and they are pretty good sounding. They are little expensive though (6.5k form headphone zone). I also own a pair of Earin M-2 (https://earin.com/) and Boat FreesoulZ 511.

Earins are very expensive and they sound awesome for their form factor, with feather touch controls. Boat is pretty mediocre in terms of sound quality. 1More Stylish gives a 'V' shaped eq presentation as mentioned by sandeepss and its pretty entertaining for casual listening.

Thanks,
John.

I've used the soundsport and the Jabra Elite - eventually sold both on OLX and went back to AirPods ..
Maybe it's just me but I felt the SQ was more or less the same on each one - But IEMs can get very annoying and uncomfortable very quickly because of the bone conduction noise they transmit at the slightest movement of your body.
The only non IEM wireless ear bud that I can think of is the AirPod

And if you are on iOS/ OS X/ TVOS , the ability to flip quickly between devices is another huge+

I've used the soundsport and the Jabra Elite - eventually sold both on OLX and went back to AirPods ..
Maybe it's just me but I felt the SQ was more or less the same on each one - But IEMs can get very annoying and uncomfortable very quickly because of the bone conduction noise they transmit at the slightest movement of your body.
The only non IEM wireless ear bud that I can think of is the AirPod

And if you are on iOS/ OS X/ TVOS , the ability to flip quickly between devices is another huge+
Airpods is brilliant with ease of use. Sad part is it's only good sounding as apples wired earphones selling at 1500 rupees.

Airpods is brilliant with ease of use. Sad part is it's only good sounding as apples wired earphones selling at 1500 rupees.
Maybe it's just me but the SQ of the AP seems to be distinctly better than the wired ones that come with the phone.
Is it worth 15K, I don't know

Yet is the SQ of say the Jabra Elite and Bose soundsport so much better than the AP so as to make me oversee the discomfort, annoyance of near constant conductivity sound and the general difficulty of use? Certainly not

Added bonus - Phone call quality at the receiver's end is significantly (and I mean like really significantly) better on the AP
I take a lot of work phone calls on my mobile and I used to get plenty of complaints about poor audio from other parties all the time with the Jabra , sometimes with the Bose but never with the AP

Maybe it's just me but the SQ of the AP seems to be distinctly better than the wired ones that come with the phone.
Is it worth 15K, I don't know

Yet is the SQ of say the Jabra Elite and Bose soundsport so much better than the AP so as to make me oversee the discomfort, annoyance of near constant conductivity sound and the general difficulty of use? Certainly not

Added bonus - Phone call quality at the receiver's end is significantly (and I mean like really significantly) better on the AP
I take a lot of work phone calls on my mobile and I used to get plenty of complaints about poor audio from other parties all the time with the Jabra , sometimes with the Bose but never with the AP
Someone had this measured in reddit. The lightning earphones and the airpods measure the same in terms of freq response. Results would slightly vary if u use earpods (wired) with older iphones with headphone Jack . Apples best tech to me in audio right now is their lightning to 3.5.mm dac. It's very very good for the 1000 bucks they retail for. I regularly use a chord mojo with s8. My wife uses a iphone x which I borrowed to compare on my audio quest nightowl headphones. Its obviously few steps behind the mojo in terms of audio quality ,but on passive listening can be ignored. It's a shocking value compared to the entry level daps I had used in the past from fiio, ibasso , xduoo, cayin and so on. If someone's on a budget for a good source, an old iphone 5 with 32gb and wav files with this adapter would be good enough to avoid all those entry level daps. Plus u get a good ui. Seems like apple has the same dac in the new type c to 3.5mm adapter and again price is only 1000 bucks. But android users reported apple limited (or android phones)the power of this adapter when used with android. I will try to link the airpod / earpod graph tmw

That's the graph which some reputed guy on that website from Gras Austria had measured. I am not sure if I am supposed to post it here. This was part of an argument I read on the same website about earpod and airpod the same way, and this guy went overboard posted the measurements to prove his point. Looking at his profile, he see.s genuine. The only other measurement is from rtings which is a website I don't believe too much.

But I still believe airpods outside sound,is the best wireless earphones out there considering the tech built into it compared to other companies. Not all folks are audiophiles, but airpods are good enough to make the general public want to use it with its usability.

Someone had this measured in reddit. The lightning earphones and the airpods measure the same in terms of freq response. Results would slightly vary if u use earpods (wired) with older iphones with headphone Jack . Apples best tech to me in audio right now is their lightning to 3.5.mm dac. It's very very good for the 1000 bucks they retail for. I regularly use a chord mojo with s8. My wife uses a iphone x which I borrowed to compare on my audio quest nightowl headphones. Its obviously few steps behind the mojo in terms of audio quality ,but on passive listening can be ignored. It's a shocking value compared to the entry level daps I had used in the past from fiio, ibasso , xduoo, cayin and so on. If someone's on a budget for a good source, an old iphone 5 with 32gb and wav files with this adapter would be good enough to avoid all those entry level daps. Plus u get a good ui. Seems like apple has the same dac in the new type c to 3.5mm adapter and again price is only 1000 bucks. But android users reported apple limited (or android phones)the power of this adapter when used with android. I will try to link the airpod / earpod graph tmw
You are right. When apple switched to the current $30 earbuds they made a lot of noise as it being better than IEMs costing 10 times as much. Since they are known for blowing their trumpet much too often, I too thought it to be a marketing lingo. But the quality is surprisingly very good, with warm sound signature. Since there is no foam plug to seal it, low end suffers. I tried other IEMs in the same price bracket (Around Rs 2000) from RHA & Beyerdynamic, both sound better mainly due to their noise isolation. I read somewhere, maybe on Anandtech that Apple 6/6s, SE use custom made Cirrus logic chips for dac. The only bottleneck is the headphone amp which can cause distortion and clipping at higher volumes. So as long as you use low impedance IEMs it's a very good portable music player. For a large sized can, an external amp would be enough, the DAC inside is pretty good, IMO.

Coming to think of it, I have no idea where I dumped my lightning to 3.5 connectors
Time to search for them :)

Edit: https://www.ifixit.com/News/apple-audio-adapter-teardown
Thanks for pointing this out , I would have never thought that tiny cable houses a full blown DAC and a decent one at that- Hate them or love them, they do innovate for sure
Also makes you wonder how much of a markup do standalone DAC device manufacturers have!

Last edited:
Coming to think of it, I have no idea where I dumped my lightning to 3.5 connectors
Time to search for them :)

Edit: https://www.ifixit.com/News/apple-audio-adapter-teardown
Thanks for pointing this out , I would have never thought that tiny cable houses a full blown DAC and a decent one at that- Hate them or love them, they do innovate for sure
Also makes you wonder how much of a markup do standalone DAC device manufacturers have!
Apple really have the engineers to make that work as industrial standards, see the measurements here: I was not surprised to see the results after hearing it. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...pple-vs-google-usb-c-headphone-adapters.5541/

You are right. When apple switched to the current $30 earbuds they made a lot of noise as it being better than IEMs costing 10 times as much. Since they are known for blowing their trumpet much too often, I too thought it to be a marketing lingo. But the quality is surprisingly very good, with warm sound signature. Since there is no foam plug to seal it, low end suffers. I tried other IEMs in the same price bracket (Around Rs 2000) from RHA & Beyerdynamic, both sound better mainly due to their noise isolation. I read somewhere, maybe on Anandtech that Apple 6/6s, SE use custom made Cirrus logic chips for dac. The only bottleneck is the headphone amp which can cause distortion and clipping at higher volumes. So as long as you use low impedance IEMs it's a very good portable music player. For a large sized can, an external amp would be enough, the DAC inside is pretty good, IMO.
having had iPhone 5/5s/SE/6/7 and X, I think the lightning DAC is genuinely better than the on board DACs, I didnt buy a 6s, but I had heard them, the 6s sounds better than the rest of headphone jack iPhones, SE being the worst. But the 3.5mm adapter DAC can make everything sound like X. Due to the lack of resale value, the 5/5s is still at home(wont get anything if I sell them). I do not know if the xs sounds better(logically I cannot digest it if someone says so). I connected the same cable to 5 and x and they both sound same. I really want to try myself the Type C thing on my Galaxy s8 though there are reviews saying it doesnt sound the same as on iPad pro which is the target device of it.

the markup on standalone DAC manufacturers is too blown up after seeing something like this, which is even not marketed as a DAC. Apple being humble here ;)

having had iPhone 5/5s/SE/6/7 and X, I think the lightning DAC is genuinely better than the on board DACs, I didnt buy a 6s, but I had heard them, the 6s sounds better than the rest of headphone jack iPhones, SE being the worst. But the 3.5mm adapter DAC can make everything sound like X. Due to the lack of resale value, the 5/5s is still at home(wont get anything if I sell them). I do not know if the xs sounds better(logically I cannot digest it if someone says so). I connected the same cable to 5 and x and they both sound same. I really want to try myself the Type C thing on my Galaxy s8 though there are reviews saying it doesnt sound the same as on iPad pro which is the target device of it.

the markup on standalone DAC manufacturers is too blown up after seeing something like this, which is even not marketed as a DAC. Apple being humble here ;)
Thanks for pointing this out. I'll get one and check it out.

I use a Samsung Buds primarily for netflix watching and casual music listening. They are very comfortable and offer a decently wide and non-offensive sound. Folks liking a treble focused or energetic display of sound would be better off looking elsewhere, but for everyone else, It's a really sound option. In my humble opinion, they are definitely better than the Apple Airpods.

If budget is not a very big constraint, then look for Jabra Elite Active 75t which are supposed to be released on Wednesday, 11th March 2020. The approx. price to be expected is Rs.16,999/-. I am planning to get one on the day of the release. Sale on 11th March is Amazon India exclusive. They are also IP57 rated.

They are supposed to be best in the market as of today and they are comparable to Airpods Pro.

The Shanling MTW100 are getting really good reviews and are budget friendly as well.

Best tws in Indian market right now in the 6k range are the soundmagic tws50. Awesome fit with complete passive isolation. Great instrument separation, timbre and tonality. Signature on the warmer side. Treble is only slightly rolled out. Bass is not boomy and doesn't need into the mids. Touch controls are perfect with no false touches. Offers true mono mode. Decent 6-7 hr battery life. Love these more than the one more stylish I have

I use a Samsung Galaxy Buds (Gen.1)..They have my highest recommendation. I've come to enjoy their flat frequency response the most, meaning they sound neutral and good with most of the music. They are also very, very comfortable to wear, 5-6 hours with ease. Having a V-shaped signature is very exciting to listen at first, but prolonged sessions give you ear fatigue quite easily. You can easily find used/new ones with good discounts, since the Gen.2 are recently out.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back