Wireless Earphones or a BT amp : Need inputs on making a decision

Well any BT headphone including the Sony 1000XM3 as indicated but a fellow FM is much better than Bose QC 35 because it has LDAC codec which can support upto 990kbps. However it will not support MQA tracks.
I am wondering if there is a way to use any DAC for BT headphones to support MQA tracks of Tidal or other services which provide that level of audio quality.
Simple answer to your question is “No”

Well any BT headphone including the Sony 1000XM3 as indicated but a fellow FM is much better than Bose QC 35 because it has LDAC codec which can support upto 990kbps. However it will not support MQA tracks.
I am wondering if there is a way to use any DAC for BT headphones to support MQA tracks of Tidal or other services which provide that level of audio quality.
If you look at the claims made by Sony, I guess LDAC should support Tidal MQA which is again 24bit/96khz, refer below link.

Might be someone who have tested it can confirm, unfortunately i’m not on Tidal yet.

Cheers,

Oh yeah missed to mention, XM3 / XM4 has 3.5mm wired connection option too. So if you have DAC (like iFi Audio - nano-iDSD Black Label) supporting MQA then you should be sorted.

Cheers,
:cool:

If you look at the claims made by Sony, I guess LDAC should support Tidal MQA which is again 24bit/96khz, refer below link.

Might be someone who have tested it can confirm, unfortunately i’m not on Tidal yet.

Cheers,
Thanks for your input. I am sold on the LDAC but so ordered the XM3 today. Now I had the Qc35 but never tried the cable way. Guess next addition would be to get a DAC. Any idea if using balanced cable with IEM will help in SQ? Seen people claim it improves but is it worth spending 12k for effect audio cable?

Oh yeah missed to mention, XM3 / XM4 has 3.5mm wired connection option too. So if you have DAC (like iFi Audio - nano-iDSD Black Label) supporting MQA then you should be sorted.

Cheers,
:cool:
Of any case if the quality of all those formats is what is concerned, the first thing to change would be the Bose QC35 to something decent. Agree that the noise cancellation is great but if you play a mp3 on a good headphone like a meze 99 or sennheiser momentum2.0. that alone on wired mode would sound better than a wav played on the Bose. It’s very mediocre for the price.

Of any case if the quality of all those formats is what is concerned, the first thing to change would be the Bose QC35 to something decent. Agree that the noise cancellation is great but if you play a mp3 on a good headphone like a meze 99 or sennheiser momentum2.0. that alone on wired mode would sound better than a wav played on the Bose. It’s very mediocre for the price.
Yes Meze 99 would be my next wired headphone upgrade. For now the best BT SQ upgrade I could find was to switch from QC35 to Sony 1000xm3.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back