Wireless Music Bridge

Wharfedale EVO 4.1 4.2 Speakers

SilS

Hello Friends,

Is anyone using wireless music bridges to interconnet amp and PC.I have seen one from Linksys , WMB54G. Any experience with this model or any thing similar?

Thanks in Advance

SilS

venkatcr

Is anyone using wireless music bridges to interconnet amp and PC.I have seen one from Linksys , WMB54G. Any experience with this model or any thing similar?
SilS

If you are serious about music, forget the Linksys and Netgear. Look at the following:

Squeezebox - Squeezebox? Classic Wireless Digital Media Player: Listen to the music you love in any room in your home

At a more expensive level take a look at

Sonos - Sonos - Home

Though there are a number of other systems, these two set the standards for playing music from a PC.

Cheers

ajinkya

I'll second Venkat's choice of the Squeezbox.
However, the Sonos is an overpriced piece of equipment for what it aims to do. If you're going for a Sonos (~$1000), it is better to use a Popcorn Hour(~$180)/Linksys/Dlink Medialounge(~$150) units, along with a Beresford TC-7510 (~$200) or Gefen DAC (~$75) to achieve similar quality multiroom music streaming, at a fraction of the cost. If you add a wireless router at $50, the total setup for one room comes to ~$450, which is less than half the cost of the Sonos. The Popcorn Hour and Medialounge also give you the option to stream video over the network, which is a good bonus.
Sonos seems to be aimed at people who want ease of setup and wireless use. Along with Sonos, Yamaha also makes a similar, overpriced (2 lakh?) home streaming solution, again for audio only.