Wise 1l investment - plasma vs ultra-hd

gunner fan

Keeping it stupid simple
- need to get a bigger screen in the room (current 32" 5 series samsung led)
- max 1l budget
- good experience with plasma as well (pana 42v20)
- usage largely hd stb / movies or sitcoms @ 720p / gaming ps3

contemplating couple of option
- proven samsung 51f5500 (got a demo done - being quoted 76.5k - best price should come down few k's)
- unproven vu 50k310 (will do a demo in the next week or so)

while i will share my experience of the vu demo - any prima facie suggestions??

As of now no.doubt a plasma

maybe 2 years down the line a OLED

plasma sucks for hd viewing ..it looks dull ..

go for cheap 55 inch led ..in 60k range ..

Keeping it stupid simple
- need to get a bigger screen in the room (current 32" 5 series samsung led)
- max 1l budget
- good experience with plasma as well (pana 42v20)
- usage largely hd stb / movies or sitcoms @ 720p / gaming ps3

contemplating couple of option
- proven samsung 51f5500 (got a demo done - being quoted 76.5k - best price should come down few k's)
- unproven vu 50k310 (will do a demo in the next week or so)

while i will share my experience of the vu demo - any prima facie suggestions??

Add two more model of VU to your demo.. Both are 55 inch model under 1 Lakh....

Seriously?? Are you suggesting the TV after based on your viewing experience?
I fail to understand the statement "Plasma sucks for hd viewing".
I am sure the plasma owners in this forum are watching HD in their TV and enjoying it.

Panasonic Viera Neo-plasma series, the Full HD version (and if you want it so, the 3D version). But please note, that the room has to be dark. Plasma screen does not have a back light unlike the LCD / LED / OLED TVs, and pales out if there is bright lighting in the room, particularly the kind that directly shines into the TV. That's how in brightly lit showrooms, you would almost always find LCD / LED TVs more appealing.

Panasonic's Neo-plasma technology is adapted from the Pioneer Kuro series of plasma TVs, which were highly regarded for their realistic colours, particularly the blacks, and it has been a worthy successor ever since.

I don't wish to start another debate but to say plasma sucks for HD viewing, then the person does not really know what he is talking about. The only thing that plasma owners should worry about is to reduce ambient light. Otherwise,

OLED > Plasma > LED

As of now no.doubt a plasma. maybe 2 years down the line a OLED
Rikhav when spending ~1l I was hoping for a 5-7 yr investment horizon - but agree that for this price range Plasma is what I should be going after

Cheap LEDs don't cut it with either 2D/3D picture quality; anycase being a plasma user always prefer a plasma over LED

Add two more model of VU to your demo.. Both are 55 inch model under 1 Lakh....
Saw them (including the OLED version) ; regretted spending time reviewing them

Seriously?? Are you suggesting the TV after based on your viewing experience?
I fail to understand the statement "Plasma sucks for hd viewing".
I am sure the plasma owners in this forum are watching HD in their TV and enjoying it.
Plasma all the way for VFM viewing; if one has molah to spend then upgrade to mid/upper range OLEDs
I don't wish to start another debate but to say plasma sucks for HD viewing, then the person does not really know what he is talking about. The only thing that plasma owners should worry about is to reduce ambient light. Otherwise,

OLED > Plasma > LED
Agree and thus for my budget will go for a plasma; Sammy 5 series with extended warranty to rest worries of them exiting plasma business. And in any case it is a tried/tested model.

Will update on price/freebies/warranty info shortly

I've UHD TV of Samsung 55F9000 purchased last year. I paid 2.25 L for the set but sammy plasma 64" F8500 was far more expensive at that time. Otherwise, I would have picked the plasma. However, i am not dissatisfied with performance of this TV.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back