Working on Nelson Pass First Watt

Great! lemme know the payment details, also very intrested in the lm3886 based amp (bpa100-200)....and yes a full parts kit would be awesome especially for noobs like me as sourcing parts in india is quite a pain for the inexperienced, Farnell does have site for indians but have never ordered so dont know about the pricing etc, Mouser intl shipping is pretty reasonable and i think atleast 50 kits worth of parts can easily fit in the one rate intl box.

Code:
and yes a full parts kit would be awesome especially

Yeh checking out for good quality part source,
once proper source is located will look forward to making kit !
BUT before this !
Need approval from concerned owners of Audio designs., as I don't want to get into IP issues, and also need consent from this forum owner / mods.

Hi,

Yeh checking out for good quality part source,
once proper source is located will look forward to making kit !

Sudhi Glad to hear this ! Hope to see you in action soon :)!!

If you need any help you know whom to contact ;) !!

Regards.

images of First Watt amps and PSU.
(streak is from scanner glass)

Attachments

• FirstWatt-F3-Cl-V2.jpg
    FirstWatt-F3-Cl-V2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 198
  • FirstWatt-F5-Cl-V2.jpg
    FirstWatt-F5-Cl-V2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 196
  • FW-F1-PSU-PS01.jpg
    FW-F1-PSU-PS01.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
+1 to this from my side ,for the complete amp kit idea. Sourcing exotic components in notoriously hard in my city :(

Just curious. what sort of power supply will be needed ? anything exotic?
All we get is EI transformers in my city, so toroids are kinda out of the question

Just curious. what sort of power supply will be needed ? anything exotic? All we get is EI transformers in my city, so toroids are kinda out of the question

Nothing special..
EI core will do, best to get custom made 24-0-24 , 24-0-24 dual voltage secondary 10amps

and about kits, I am ready with F1 , F3 and F5
F1 kit and F3 kit at Rs.1500 INR all inclusive of courier
F5 Kit - Rs.1250 INR all inclusive of courier.
Multiple kits pricing will mail as on requirement.
All kits with out transformer.
Kits are available only within India

Last edited:
F1 kit and F3 kit at Rs.1250 INR all inclusive of courier
F5 Kit - Rs.1000 INR all inclusive of courier.
All kits with out transformer.

I take it that the price is for the PCB and the components but I am a bit confused if it also includes the power supply board and it's components. Even if it's without the PS, it's still a great price and extremely tempting...

I take it that the price is for the PCB and the components but I am a bit confused if it also includes the power supply board and it's components. Even if it's without the PS, it's still a great price and extremely tempting.

Price is for Stereo Kit, include PCB's and parts , 2xAmp PCB, and 1xPSU PCB with parts, (without transformer).
schematic, parts will be same as in manual, you may refer to its service manual pdf.

I can't seem to find the manual on this thread. Is it perhaps on another thread here? Most of the F series builds I've seen seem to have a large bank of caps as part of the PS. I'm pretty certain for the price you're offering, it would not include big caps, could you please tell me if there would be a significant change in the sound signature. Also, I'm thinking I'd probably call you sometime to discuss this as well as your other kits, if it'd be OK with you. Good luck on your efforts! :clapping:

Some points..

capacitor brand will differ, I will source best available.

Yes sound will vary cause of component brand, type, transformer etc. it will not be same as original, but should be close enough.

I am sure, complete kit will include all parts for Amplifier and PSU (resistors, capacitors, thermistors.. with PCB.

PCB posted here are gold plated ones. Kit will have regular Pb Lead plated PCB, if you need gold plated send me mail, I have not done the pricing for gold plated ones.. (will be more expensive)

(except transformer and diode rectifier block)

Complete Spec:
PCB - FR-4 , 70micon copper, PTH Pb (Lead) with silk and solder mask.
Kits include - PCB 2 amplifier, and 1 PSU with all parts on PCB
Does not include - Transformer and Diode Rectifier block

Parts are of good quality, I am not using parts generally available in local market, which are used for TV , Radio servicing.

Also would not be able to cater to 1 kit, need some quantity, since I have to buy the components in bulk.

Conditions:
Kits Available only in India.
Quality of sound may vary due to component brands, drivers, cables, Transformer, PSU it will not be 100% same as original Nelson pass First Watt.

and this is a clone PCB of Nelson pass First Watt layout re-designed by me, no where affiliated,connected or / and its not sourced from Nelson Pass.
All copyright , original work by Nelson Pass. I have used his schematic. Pass has cleared kits for India.

Last edited:
If needed, would you be able to supply components like the heat-sink, transformer and the diode-rectifier block on request? Also, I have a few more questions which I think would be more appropriate for a PM or an email. Could you please PM me your contact information if that's OK?

If needed, would you be able to supply components like the heat-sink, transformer and the diode-rectifier block on request? Also, I have a few more questions which I think would be more appropriate for a PM or an email. Could you please PM me your contact information if that's OK?

Heat Sink - yes I can - yes but will add to courier
Diode Rectifier Block - Yes ad additional cost.

Transformer - Add on lot of cost for custom made and weight for courier also !!! Very risky.

I am available on pm - [email protected]

And also I will not be able to cater to 1 or 2 Kits, need more people to respond.
I am passing on Bulk discount need minimum 5 to 6 kits order (Not 5 kits from 1 person but more no of people respond)

Revision of price.

F1 kit and F3 kit at Rs.1500 INR all inclusive of courier (with PSU PCB, Parts, Diode Rectifier Block)
F5 Kit - Rs.1250 INR all inclusive of courier. (with PSU PCB, Parts, Diode Rectifier Block)
All kits with out transformer (With Diode Rectifier Block)
Assured that parts are of good quality.

I am not doing this on commercial scale, so No Warranty, No Refund.
will check PCB and parts for visual damages, marks before sending.
If there are any issues with components, PCB, let me know the nature of problem, will act accordingly.

Last edited:
Hi

I got few mails, asking if I can provide cabinets and transformer.
I will not be able to provide cabinets, cause I dont have source for good cabinets here.

and about transformer, I can provide EI Core transformer, but will not be part of kit. it will be additional, costing will let you know later. 450Watts 24-0-24 dual secondary transformer will weigh around 8kg to 10kg ! this will shoot up the courier cost as well.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back