World Kidney Day !

canchi

Folks,
Tomorrow, the 14th March 2013, is World Kidney Day. Seems to be a suitable occassion to ask the HFV members to screen themselves for kidney disease and thereby stay safe and healthy!
Anyone over the age of 40, with a family ( or personal) history of diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, or past history of kidney ailments or kidney disease in the family, should screen themselves for kidney disease.This screening involves a simple blood test called Serum Creatinine and an even simpler urine test called urine - protein estimation. The combined cost of these tests is approx 150Rs!
For the folks from Karnataka, you could tune in to All India Radio, Bangalore on MW 612 khz - I will be sharing my experiences in dealing with kidney disease, dialysis and kidney transplantation, in a live Q and A session at 9.30pm tomorrow, the 14th March. Do listen in!
Cheers

I have horse shoe kidney. Should I be taking any specific precautions ? My blood indices are normal.

This year, 2014, the World Kidney Day falls on Thursday the 13th March. Everything I've said in the first post holds good, folks, those at risk should screen yourselves.
Again , for those of you in Karnataka, do tune your radios to AIR, Bangalore on MW 612 kHz , for some gyan on kidney disease and it's prevention.(8pm on the 13 th March )

Last edited:
World Kidney Day today. Folks with Diabetes, high blood pressure, people with heart disease, those whose relatives who have these diseases and those above the age of 50 should screen themselves for kidney disease by means of a simple blood test called serum creatinine and a urine test for protein.
More info here

World Kidney Day today the 9th March 2017. A simple blood and urine test, folks to check your kidney function. This year the theme is Kidney Disease and obesity. More info here

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back