Worlds Most endangered Sound!

Cheers,
Sid
Living in the Central part of the country , I am lucky to visit the Kanha National Park (1000 square kilometers of reserved forest) every year, since it is only about 150 kms away.I actually don't visit for the tiger , but for the sound of silence which resets my hearing for the black background which we all look for in our music systems.After reaching deep into the jungle , I always ask the vehicle driver to switch off the engine , ( you can't get down from the vehicle) and sit quietly for about 10 to 15 mins. Since there hardly any human presence for kilometers all around, you can hear even small jungle noises from a kilometers away. It is impossible to get this background in any rural or urban human setting.

Living in the Central part of the country , I am lucky to visit the Kanha National Park (1000 square kilometers of reserved forest) every year, since it is only about 150 kms away.I actually don't visit for the tiger , but for the sound of silence which resets my hearing for the black background which we all look for in our music systems.After reaching deep into the jungle , I always ask the vehicle driver to switch off the engine , ( you can't get down from the vehicle) and sit quietly for about 10 to 15 mins. Since there hardly any human presence for kilometers all around, you can hear even small jungle noises from a kilometers away. It is impossible to get this background in any rural or urban human setting.
I experienced the same in Bandhavagarh tiger reserve a few years ago. It was just phenomenal, the sound of silence that envelops and washes over you. Cannot be explained, only experienced. However this was very different from an Anechoic chamber which I used to experience frequently in the US as part of my job in the automotive industry. I preferred the former by far.
Cheers,
Sid

Recently experienced something similar, maybe not too close but surely similar during first nationwide lockdown.

My house is on a main road. So even at night 2 am there is a car or bike passing every thirty seconds. And those day's not a single car passing or human passing for minutes even in day time was an unbelievable time which I very well knew was once in a lifetime moment.

Second instance is what my mother described to me when she went to meet her sister who stays In small place called Troy in Michigan, USA. She stays at the end of small lane so for hours together they don't hear a car or human passing and my mother was feeling uncomfortable with so much silence :)

Ofcourse the best experience would be in the middle of jungle surrounded by beautiful mother nature

Second instance is what my mother described to me when she went to meet her sister who stays In small place called Troy in Michigan, USA. She stays at the end of small lane so for hours together they don't hear a car or human passing and my mother was feeling uncomfortable with so much silence :)
I lived in Troy for 15 years Rikhav. Yes depending on where you live (like last house in a cul-de-sac or in a deeply wooded neighborhood), it is quite silent there, or at-least was, I moved to India from there almost 10 years ago. Whenever I had relatives over from US, they would feel disoriented first few days, with the lack of sounds.
Cheers,
Sid

I lived in Troy for 15 years Rikhav. Yes depending on where you live (like last house in a cul-de-sac or in a deeply wooded neighborhood), it is quite silent there, or at-least was, I moved to India from there almost 10 years ago. Whenever I had relatives over from US, they would feel disoriented first few days, with the lack of sounds.
Cheers,
Sid

Cheers,
Sid

Fortunately for them it's still same. Infact they have deers visiting their backyard every now and then

Recently experienced something similar, maybe not too close but surely similar during first nationwide lockdown.

My house is on a main road. So even at night 2 am there is a car or bike passing every thirty seconds. And those day's not a single car passing or human passing for minutes even in day time was an unbelievable time which I very well knew was once in a lifetime moment.

Ofcourse the best experience would be in the middle of jungle surrounded by beautiful mother nature
I felt same way during lockdown. My apartment too is on busy road, hence continuous noise even at 2-3 at night. Lockdown was so blissful.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back